Join our zoo community

Zoo Map Trade

Discussion in 'Zoo Memorabilia' started by snowleopard, 24 Aug 2019.

1. snowleopard

snowleopard Well-Known Member 15+ year member Premium Member

After spending a crazy number of hours cataloging and organizing all of my recent zoo map acquisitions (I just visited 95 European zoos this summer), my collection is now at 1,927 different zoo/aquarium maps. I have zoo maps from exactly 52 different countries.

I've accumulated a number of extras over the years and I have a package of 143 maps (plus a ZOOM Erlebniswelt guidebook) all ready to go if there is someone on this site willing to make a trade. It would have to be someone whom I've never traded with before so they'd receive a totally fresh batch of maps. If that individual does not have any zoo maps, then I'd be open to the idea of obtaining guidebooks in exchange...however many one would feel is appropriate.

Anyone interested???

2. TeaLovingDave

TeaLovingDave Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

I don't have terribly many spare maps - and these being from collections we've both been to in the last few months, so almost certainly the same maps ;) - but I do have a handful of spare guidebooks which you might be interested in as a partial trade for some of the maps; off the top of my head I have at least the following:

ZSL London Zoo 2012 (Meerkat)
    ZSL London Zoo 1994 (Tiger, Diana Monkey, White Rhino etc)
    Sealife Manchester 2015 (Clownfish)
    Port Lympne 1990 (Sumatran Rhino)
    Blue Reef Tynemouth 2015 (Ray)
    Lakes Aquarium 2014 (ASCO)
    Zoo Berlin 1966 (Malayan Tapirs)
    World Owl Trust 1997 (The World Owl Trust Story - actually a book on formation of organisation and founding of the Muncaster collection)

3. HOMIN96

HOMIN96 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

After I come home I look through my materials to see what I can offer as well. :)

4. Shirokuma

Shirokuma Well-Known Member

I have a few bits and pieces to give away from my recent trip: an Augsburg guidebook (they don’t do a map so I had to buy one - was only €2 though) a spare Innsbruck map, a Frankfurt newsletter/magazine and a Hellabrunn Munich tote bag - the handles are too short so you can’t carry it over your shoulder so I’m happy to give it away.

No need to swap as I don’t generally collect physical copies of things anymore. Would be glad for them to go to a happy home. First come, first served.

5. pangolin12

pangolin12 Well-Known Member Premium Member 5+ year member

Hey @Shirokuma, please can I take them? I collect them:)

6. Shirokuma

Shirokuma Well-Known Member

Yes, send me a message with your details and I can post them to you.