Join our zoo community

Drayton Manor Theme Park Zoo only entry ticket

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by cliffxdavis, 14 Sep 2019.

1. cliffxdavis

cliffxdavis Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I recently wrote to Drayton Manor suggesting they could introduce a Zoo only entrance ticket and perhaps even an annual zoo pass.

I like the zoo but not the rides so it would be happy to go frequently but the current pricing structure makes that unlikely.

They said they did not offer zoo only tickets (which I knew) but they would forward the idea to their management group.

If like me you would go if they offered a zoo only ticket, drop them an email using the Enquiry Form on their website so they can see there would be a demand.

Let the people speak!

2. Brum

Brum Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Up until about 15(?) years ago they apparently (I never went to one) used to do Zoo Days in winter. Anecdotal evidence from a friend who grew up in Tamworth and used to go frequently when she was a kid.

3. BeakerUK

BeakerUK Well-Known Member

I went in the winter a couple of years ago when they had tickets at £10 because most of the rides were closed. I would not pay more than that to go there, but I don't have any urges to return to the zoo as I have others closer by.

4. cliffxdavis

I have just seen this offer.
    DRAYTON'S ULTIMATE PASS!
    NOW 50% OFF

£50 for a year. I am moving next year, maybe nearer, maybe a lot further away so I will not get this yet but next year. You also get entry for all the rides and amusements if thats your sort of thing

Brum likes this.
  5. littleRedPanda

littleRedPanda Well-Known Member

It is only valid until the end of the season which is 23rd February 2020

cliffxdavis likes this.
  6. cliffxdavis

You are quite right. When I read it I saw the 2020 date but it seemed like a long way away at the time. Which really brings me back to the getting a zoo only ticket. If you would buy one write to them and ask them to offer a zoo only ticket.

7. littleRedPanda

littleRedPanda Well-Known Member

Zoo only tickets are available now. I went today and thought £10 was a reasonable price; no parking fee either.

Ned, pipaluk, Brum and 6 others like this.