Join our zoo community

zoo planning!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by nidhi.dixit, 20 Aug 2008.

1. nidhi.dixit

nidhi.dixit Member

hello everyone...i m basically a wildlife lover from india!zoo is something which has been a topic of "conservation" and " its planning "confusion".would definately like to gwt in touch with people and discuss these things!looking forward to have a gr888 time!:)

2. mstickmanp

mstickmanp Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to Zoobeat!

3. zooman

zooman Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Welcome matey, more news from India would be great.

4. dragon(ele)nerd

dragon(ele)nerd Well-Known Member

Welcome to Zoobeat, I agree I'd love more news from India,

5. Kifaru Bwana

Kifaru Bwana Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Welcome to ZOOBEAT!

It is in good time that more people from India report on their local zoos. I am interested so much since you indicated having been involved in the zoo planning policy by CZA. Shame about the red tape ..., but conservation breeding is definitely on a better footing than it has ever been in the last decade.

I would love to hear about my rhinos (ahum, it is a bad habit of mine), lion-tailed macaques, Asiatic lions (the breeding is not on a standard as in European zoos sadly and so many generic lions in overcrowded conditions taking up valuable space), sangais (did you know they are trying to run reintroduction project with zoo bred animals from Alipore/NZP New Delhi?), khurs (the Sakkarbaug Zoo and I wish those 2 loners in 2 other zoos would join them and the surplus stallions be exchanged to replace them ... thus allowing Sakkarbaug to really increase their breeding output), Nilgiri and golden langurs, hoolock gibbons, pure Indian gaurs (a bonus for intercontinental exchanges), Bengal tigers (why no CZA programme while the wild counterparts have dwindled by 75% in the last decade and Project Tiger has failed dismally?). Anyhow, I could go on for hours on the subject ...!!!

If I may be so bold: how about reviews of Sri Chamarajendra Zoo in Mysore, Kamla Nehru in Hyderabad (pse Psittacologist ...!!!), National Zoo in Delhi, Sanjay Gandhi in Patna, Assam State Zoo in Guwahati and Sakkarbaug Zoo in Junagadh ... for starters????

Let communication flow ... without borders! :cool:

Cheers,

Jelle

6. dragon(ele)nerd

dragon(ele)nerd Well-Known Member

If you are a fan of Pooram's I'd love to hear from you, I made a thread a while back on Kerala elephants, though it didn't go off well,