Join our zoo community

Zoo Pod

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by redpanda756, 2 Jun 2020.

1. redpanda756

redpanda756 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, I'm creating a zoo podcast and I'd like if you could listen to it! I'm having guests from zoos all across the USA and hopefully elsewhere too. Here's the link to the podcast website. You can listen to the episodes there or on Anchor.fm or on Spotify. I'm working on making it available elsewhere. So far it's just an intro episode and I'm recording in advance. But I've contacted about 15 zoos to ask if they want to talk and already have 2 very exciting guests lined up! I'm so excited! If you have ideas about future episodes or questions, you can request them on the website linked above. Anyway, I hope to have some listeners soon!

2. Fallax

Fallax Well-Known Member 5+ year member

When will it start??

3. redpanda756

I'm hoping I will be able to interview the first guest within the week and I will probably upload the episode on Saturday.

4. redpanda756

Sorry I haven't gotten to interview anyone until now. I've contacted all the AZA-accredited zoos across the US and have gotten minimal responses. I'm hoping once I get more of a fanbase zoos will answer my calls and emails.

5. ZooBinh

ZooBinh Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Didn't you already have two guests lined up?

6. redpanda756

I was contacted two people who said they would be on the podcast. Unfortunately, one of them was in the process of moving and literally just moved into a new house so I'm giving him some time to settle in. The other zoo I contacted responded almost immediately and then left me hanging without any new information. I've called and emailed that zoo asking about it and they haven't yet responded. Though, in the upcoming weeks, I have an AZA-accredited related facility with which I haven't set a recording date, though we've agreed to record an episode, and I have my original guest. I've also contacted many other zoos and aquariums and one has asked me to call them again when I have more episodes and a bit more of a fanbase.

So, to answer your question, yes. I did have two guests. One of them is coming on the podcast in a few weeks after he gets settled in, and the other has left me hanging. But after contacting more zoos and aquariums, I have a few more waiting. If you know anybody who works at a zoo who'd be willing to be interviewed by me, please sent me an email at [email protected] with their contact information and name and I'll definitely contact them and see if they'd be interested.

Bisonblake and ZooBinh like this.