Join our zoo community

zoo reviews at zoochat

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by Nasua, 10 Aug 2016.

1. Nasua

Nasua Well-Known Member

A question:
    Is there any thread here including zoo reviews or so? I mean reviews from people who visited the zoo and gave feedback in the form of a short (or also a longer) report.
    I didn't know where to put a question like this, so I decided not to spam the main discussion forums and place it here...:D

2. DavidBrown

DavidBrown Well-Known Member 15+ year member

There are lots of reviews from zoos around the world, unfortunately there is no uniform place to put them so they are spread all over the place. I'd suggest doing a search for the word "review" and lots of them will pop up.

If you are interested in zoo reviews from across North America check out snowleopard's multiple roadtrip threads. For zoo reviews across Asia check out Chlidonias' Asia travel threads. Zooboy28 reviewed several European zoos in his travel thread a few years back. Geomorph has a series of excellent reviews from across the United States. I have reviewed several zoos from across the U.S.

3. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

What David Brown said is exactly right.

If there is a specific zoo you are interested, you can find all the threads (including reviews) for that particular zoo by clicking on Forums on the top bar. Then click on the appropriate continent, then country, then on the drop down menu select show only threads from xxxxx zoo (selecting the zoo you want).

The ideal situation would be to create a new section just for reviews, and have a way to post them in the review thread and the zoo's own thread simultaneously. However that will not happen as ZooChat has moved to a new software system (or hosting system or something like that) and they cannot even create new galleries for new zoos at the moment. This has been going on for about a year and as a paying supporter of ZooChat I find the situation very frustrating.

4. Nasua

Nasua Well-Known Member

Wow, I didn't expect such extensive reponses, thank you very much both of you!

Yeah, an own section for reviews would be very great, maybe worth a discussion once the technical problems are solved.

I'll check out all the users and their reviews, should be very interesting, thanks again!

5. RetiredToTheZoo

RetiredToTheZoo Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I sympathize with GermanZooFan's frustration in trying to find reviews for a particular zoo. There are many very good ones, but unfortunately they are scattered all over the place. Since each zoo seems to have its own forum, it seems to me one possible solution is to create a thread titled Reviews in each zoo's forum and place all reviews for that particular zoo there.

6. Nikola Chavkosk

Nikola Chavkosk Well-Known Member

There was one zoochatter, hyena girl who gave some intersting and short reviews of zoos she was visited,

7. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

she was just copying her posts from Tripadvisor. And then she was banned as a troll.

8. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

it's not difficult - just go to the forum for the zoo you want (see Arizona Docent's post earlier) and find the reviews. Simple as anything.

If you have one thread for a whole lot of different members' reviews it would just be really messy.

The only difficult reviews to find are the ones which are all in one thread - e.g. snowleopard's USA trip threads, zooboy28's Europe thread, devilfish's Asia thread. There's nothing wrong with doing it that way but it does make it really difficult to find the particular review you want. That's why on my travel threads I place the reviews in individual threads and just link to them in my main thread.

9. LaughingDove

LaughingDove Well-Known Member

I have also posted most of my recent zoo reviews in one long trip thread, however I have linked back to the thread in the descriptions of the pictures that I have uploaded to the galleries so hopefully that makes the review findable.