Join our zoo community

Zoo simulation game

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by Kadija, 28 May 2009.

1. Kadija

Kadija Well-Known Member

MondoZoo

MondoZoo is an awesome zoo simulation. You will build up and manage a zoo. You will build zones and enclosures where you can keep up to thousands of animals. You will also build facilities and shops for your visitors. You will buy and sell animals, hire and fire employees, gaining levels and medals, participate in missions and contests and much much more. You have to be a smart manager. It's good to be patient and persistent since MondoZoo can be a bit challenging.

Playing the game is free. All you have to do is to register. If you want to build up your zoo faster and benefit from some advantages you can spend money on a premium account.

There are game versions in English, French, Bulgarian, German and Italian yet. More translations are planned. To choose your language go to the black navigation bar on the very top. There you can also get to the forums and to other games on the MondoGames portal.

If you are running a zoo and you don't have time to get on, nothing happens in your zoo and neither do you loose anything. That means the game resumes automatically when you sign in again. This function allows you to be absent. That's a great advantage in comparison with other browsergames where you have get on every day. :)

If there will be some people interested in playing the game I will post some tipps and help to get started. :D Just let me know here or pm me.

In any case please read the Rules and Tips before you start your zoo. You will find the link on your link list on the left side.

Good luck! :D

2. Jacobea

Jacobea Well-Known Member

Sounds a bit like Zoo Tycoon. What is Mondo Zoo like for species?

3. Cat-Man

Cat-Man Well-Known Member 15+ year member

just joined up, will compare it with the wide array of zoo games i have at the moment, will post list later

4. Kadija

Kadija Well-Known Member

I'm glad you are interested, Jacobea and Cat-Man. :) I don't know Zoo Tycoon so I can't compare.

I have 192 species in my zoo (2027 animals in total) and I think I have all species now. Maybe the MondoTeam will add more species. There are adding features quite often. :) I'll make a list as soon as I have the time. But when you start the first zone you will open is the Mini-Farm. You won't have so many species in this zone. The other zones are the Amazonian Jungle and the African Savannah. There you can keep a lot more species.

Tips for a good start:

Please first read the "Rules and Tips" (on the bottom of the link list) and the tips under „How to ...“ before you start. When you start your zoo please follow the instructions for the levels. By clicking on „My level“ you can see what is needed to pass the next level.

Build the Mini-Farm zone for level 1. For the next levels you have to build a clinic, at least two enclosures, lady's and gentleman's toilets, one parking place and one shop and buy at least two couples of animals. Hovering with the mouse about the places will tell you what it is. Hire a vet, a cook, a keeper, a gardener and some other employees. Take a manager specialized in management, if you don't find this specialization, take administration. Your level will always tell you what you have to do. I tend to take employees whose salaries are on the high side (but it's no guarantee that they are good).

When you build an enclosure of the Mini-Farm don't build the one that the programm suggests! Better build the Mini-Farm Enclosure for Rodents or the Mini-Farm Rabbit Hutch. The offspring of all animals in these enclosures goes straight to the pet shop and will be sold there. And the animals of these enclosures are very cheap.

Don't keep more than 3 couples of an animal species in one enclosure!

Always buy animals from the waf not from the black market! I wouldn't reccomand to play black market at the beginning as the waf will do penalizations against your zoo. If you want to play black market nevertheless you will need a manager with excellent monkey business skills

Build the pet shop and hire a shop assistant.

If you want to build another enclosure I would suggest the Mini-Farm Poultry House. You can have many bird there with low costs.

This all must lead you to level 7. That means you can make level 7 on your first day playing! :D

When you have animals buy food for them. You can buy food in your kitchen. Take always 5 Star food, nothing else! Other food would make the animals sick.

Make an audit to see the skills of your employees. It's hard to find very good employees in the game. Perhaps you will search for weeks but perhaps you will be lucky. Look at the bars and the evaluation the audit shows you. The best is to have skills with long green bars (at least to the training book icon). The wellbeing and the health of your animals will depend of the skills of your employees so finding first class employees it's the most important. It could take long to find excellent employees but it's worth it. If your audit says your ticket price is too high or too low you could modify the price carefully. To change the price click on ticket price - change. It's under your zoo map.

The next zoo day (reset is midnight European time) you'll see that the first visitors came to your zoo and give you some money. You need 2000 visitors in total for level 8. So you have to wait for several days to get all the visitors. You could use the time to search for excellent employees and buy more animals.

Putting your hearts in the parking place will get you more visitors.

Don't worry about sick animals in the first time. That's normal. An excellent vet, gardener and keeper, (level 2 enclosures and zones when you reach the required zoo level) and 5 star food will help to keep them healthy and happy. Keep animals always in couples! But remember don't put more than 3 couples of the same species in one enclosure.

If you want you can post your zoo link in these threads:

MONDO FORUM
    MONDO FORUM

Hopefully other players will visit your zoo and help you to get the gifts from the prize cruise. But only the first visit that each IP/person makes in your zoo will count for your prize cruise. You are allowed to use some click exchanges like Yarold's (and I think also Hydra and Utopia).

Since your second day playing you will get the option to accept a mission. Please make sure you'll have the money and are able to buy the animals BEFORE you accept the mission. Missions always help you buying animals, they give you back a part of the money.

Register for a weekly contest. You won't win probably before your zoo is really advanced but you will get 250 LOL as consolation price.

Visit the forum and read as much as you can. The community and the mods are nice and helpful This may be helpful threads for example:

MONDO FORUM
    MONDO FORUM
    MONDO FORUM

I hope you will enjoy the game! Good luck! :D

Kadija

5. ZooMania

ZooMania Well-Known Member

Joined this morning. Wish i could have read the above post first though LOL.

6. groundskeeper24

groundskeeper24 Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Looks interesting, but a bit cartoonish. Cartoonish was the downfall of the otherwise good Zoo Tycoon 2 series. I really wish I could get Wildlife Zoo to work on my computer.

7. Kadija

Kadija Well-Known Member

ZooMania: sorry but I wanted to wait if people are interested. If you want you could restart your zoo. :)

groundskeeper24: yes the graphics are a bit cartoonish. But there are good animal photos though. :)

8. PrimateKid

PrimateKid Well-Known Member

Sounds Interesting! Im gonna sign up in a mo :D

9. Cat-Man

where does it show us the time?

10. Jacobea

Jacobea Well-Known Member

I though ZT2 looked ok-I liked both that and the original. However, I do find that even the large size fields arn't big enough (they seemed huge in the original), and that there arn't enough species :rolleyes: I would have though they they would have had all the origing ZT species (including the giant anteaters, olive baboons and Siberian tigers) availiable somewhere in ZT2 :(

However, this Mondo one sounds fun :D I'll have to give it a go.

11. Kadija

Kadija Well-Known Member

Just take a look in the light blue field under the black navigation bar on the left side. It's Central European Time.

12. Toddy

Toddy Well-Known Member

I agree with you about Zoo Tycoon 2 but Wildlife Zoo is not better. It may look better but the management system is crap...

13. taun

taun Well-Known Member

I concur, I took it back to the shop within 23 hours of buying. Stating the game was rubbish and I wanted I full refund.

It looks nicer but the game play is terrible.

14. groundskeeper24

groundskeeper24 Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I miss the anteaters, too. It's a trade off because striped hyenas are my personal favorite and occur in 2 but not 1. I also wish they'd have carried over the serows, bighorn sheep and asiatic black bears, although I hear htere's a way to get official moon bear downloads. On a positive note, 2 does have some nice small species such as tortoises, meerkats and koalas which is a nice change.

15. Cat-Man

yes there are more species on the first one which would of been nice on the 2nd, but the first lacked auzi and south american species, unlike the 2nd

16. Toddy

Toddy Well-Known Member

Have just joined the MondoZoo. Built some exhibits and animals but have run out of money too fast :p

17. Kadija

Kadija Well-Known Member

Toddy: It's a bit hard to make money at the beginning. Unfortunately it's normal to be short of money in the first time. Later it will be much more easier. If you can afford you could buy some game money. There is still running a promotion period currently with great advantages but it will end on midnight European time. :)

18. Kadija

Kadija Well-Known Member

I tried to make a MondoZoo species list.

Animals of the Mini-Farm:

Charolais Cow
    Common Pheasant
    Doe Goat
    Domestic Pig
    Domestic Rabbit
    Domestic Sheep
    Donkey
    Dwarf Rabbit
    English Lop
    European Hamster
    French Angora Rabbit
    Greylag Goose
    Guinea Pig
    Helmeted Guineafowl
    Hen/Cock
    House Mouse
    Mallard
    Mongolian Gerbil
    Percheron Horse
    Rock Pigeon
    Turkey
    Barn Owl
    European Robin
    Red Squirrel
    Wood Pigeon
    Chinchilla
    Raccoon

Animals of the Amazonian Jungle:

Jaguar
    Jaguarundi
    Kinkajou
    Maned Wolf
    Ocelot
    Short-eared Dog
    Tropical Weasel

Bolivian Squirrel
    Brazilian Tapir
    Capybara
    Giant Anteater
    Giant Armadillo
    Giant Otter
    Nine-banded Armadillo
    Paca
    Sloth
    Southern Three-banded Armadillo
    Water Opossum
    White-lipped Peccary

Black-mandibled Toucan
    Blue-and-yellow Macaw
    Blue-crowned Motmot
    Blue-headed Parrot
    Channel-billed Toucan
    Chestnut-headed Oropendola
    Great Blue Heron
    Grey-winged Trumpeter
    Harpy Eagle
    Hoatzin
    Horned Screamer
    Hyacinth Macaw
    Keel-billed Toucan
    Mealy Parrot
    Orange-winged Parrot
    Scarlet Ibis
    Scarlet Macaw
    Snowy Egret
    Spix's Guan
    Toco Toucan
    Yellow-chevroned Parakeet

Bald Uakari
    Brown Capuchin
    Common Woolly Monkey
    Dusky Titi
    Goeldi's Marmoset
    Golden Lion Tamarin
    Monk Saki
    Pygmy Marmoset
    Red Titi Monkey
    Venezuelan Red Howler Monkey

American Crocodile
    Black Caiman
    Boa Constrictor
    Broad-snouted Caiman
    Cuvier's Dwarf Caiman
    Emerald Tree Boa
    Giant South American Turtle
    Green Anaconda
    Green Iguana
    Spectacled Caiman
    Yacare Caiman
    Yellow-spotted River Turtle

Amazonian Manatee
    Arapaima
    Boto
    Bristlenose Catfish
    Electric Eel
    Golden Apple Snail
    Gray Dolphin
    Oscar
    Piraya Piranha
    Porcupine River Stingray
    Red-bellied Piranha
    Silver Arowana
    South American Lungfish

Antlion
    Cane Toad
    Golden Poison Frog
    Hercules Beetle
    Long-horned Beetle
    Tarantula

Guianan Cock-of-the-rock
    Magnificent Frigatebird
    Resplendent Quetzal

Animals of the African Savannah

African Wild Dog
    Angolan Genet
    Bat-eared Fox
    Black Panther
    Caracal
    Cheetah
    Golden Jackal
    Leopard
    Lion
    Serval
    Spotted Hyena
    Fennec Fox

African Buffalo
    African Bush Elephant
    Blue Gnu
    Black Rhinoceros
    Common Eland
    Common Warthog
    Gemsbok
    Giraffe
    Greater Kudu
    Hippopotamus
    Impala
    Kirk's Dik Dik
    Klipspringer
    Lesser Kudu
    North African Ostrich
    Nyala
    Plains Zebra
    Scimitar-horned Oryx
    Springbok
    Suricate
    Thomson's Gazelle
    White Rhinoceros
    Zebu
    Cattle Egret
    Yellow-billed Oxpecker

Abyssinian Roller
    African Fish Eagle
    African Grey Hornbill
    African Harrier-Hawk
    African Hoopoe
    African Jacana
    African Spoonbill
    African Wattled Plover
    Bateleur Eagle
    Black-bellied Bustard
    Egyptian Plover
    Eurasian Hobby
    Great White Pelican
    Greater Flamingo
    Green Wood Hoopoe
    Hammercop
    Marabou Stork
    Nubian Vulture
    Pin-tailed Whydah
    Sacred Ibis
    Saddle-billed Stork

Agama atra
    Boomslang
    Cape Cobra
    Egyptian Tortoise
    Gaboon Viper
    Helmeted Gecko
    Hermann's Tortoise
    Horned Desert Viper
    Leopard Tortoise
    Nile Crocodile
    Nile Monitor
    Puff Adder
    Red-headed Rock Agama
    Sandfish
    Savannah Monitor
    Saw-scaled Viper
    Slender-snouted Crocodile
    Spiny-tailed Lizard
    Taveta Chameleon
    Veiled Chameleon

Pied Avocet
    Spotted Eagle-Owl
    Woodland Kingfisher

Unfortunately not all animal photos are correct or show both genders.

19. devilfish

devilfish Well-Known Member

Thanks Kadija, an awesome species list. I joined yesterday and I'm struggling with money too. Unfortunately I hadn't seen your tips before so we can only wait and see what happens.

20. Kadija

Kadija Well-Known Member

You are very welcome! :)

If you are unhappy with your start you have the option to restart your zoo. If you have bought any kind of subscription you will keep your premium even if you restart. Only if you bought some game money you will loose it unfortunately. And the prize cruise will be reset.