Join our zoo community

Zoo simulation game

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by Kadija, 28 May 2009.

1. Toddy

Toddy Well-Known Member

Just click on "My Group" in the left-side menu and write in "ZooChat"

2. docend24

docend24 Well-Known Member

The map just didn't loaded. Works fine now. (for anyone else click home)

3. Kadija

Kadija Well-Known Member

If you want we could make a list with your zoo links and levels and keep it updated. You could visit eachother's zoos to get miles for the prize cruise. :D

4. Cat-Man

Cat-Man Well-Known Member 15+ year member

ive signed up for zoochat group, im called dannycat-man

5. Kadija

Kadija Well-Known Member

Any news about your zoos?

6. devilfish

devilfish Well-Known Member

I've also bought an unlimited subscription. I'm on level 11, and am waiting for more money to advance to level 12. Staff are ok, I'm still looking for a good manager and a decent souvenir shop assistant. I got a peak of 1271 visitors today, which was good, but I only have 57 000 lol and need over 100 000 to advance - I don't have any shops apart from souvenirs, phone booth and a heavily stocked pet shop; should I invest in another before expanding? Also, can I leave the special zone until I've built a second zone in the zoo?
    Looks like you've got me addicted. Thanks.
    MondoZoo => Créez un ZOO magnifique !!! :)

7. Jacobea

Jacobea Well-Known Member

How much is the unlimited subscription?

As for my zoo-can't find many good staff (half decent but not brilliant-terrible manager). My animals always seem to be ill for some reason :( I suspect it's the staff issue again, although I've upgraded one exibit to see if that improves the mood. I keep running out of money (by my standards)-good job I have nothing better to do with my phone credit! I've made it to level ten but am struggling to get higher.

8. devilfish

On paypal its £12.45, but you also get a 100 000 LOL gift with that. Does it not charge you anything on top of your normal phone bill?
    Also, I found that to get staff with excellent efficiency, hire several of whichever you need (e.g. five keepers), carry out an audit, pass to the next level if one of them is excellent, then fire all unnecessary staff.

9. Jacobea

The wonders of Pay-As-You-Go ;)

And I think you may be onto something with that staff idea :D Do you have to train them before the audit, or just hire and hope?

10. devilfish

I hired four more keepers and it turned out that two of them already had excellent efficiency, so I don't think its too unlikely but it just speeds up the process a bit. ;)
    I've had no success at all with training staff, I tried initially but it made no difference - I've just had to fire and re-hire.

11. Kadija

Kadija Well-Known Member

Great I got you addicted. ;) :D You could consider building the honey shop first to increase the income of your zoo. You'll make 100% profit with honey as the shop assistant is also the beekeeper. But he has to be very excellent of course. Sorry I didn't understand your last question about the special zone. Please explain again. Thanks. :)

Jacobea: You need more and probably better stuff indeed. You could increase the number of your keepers, security and maintenance agents to 5 in each category. You can hire as many as possible (there are new workers every hour), make an audit and then fire all who aren't very excellent (long green bars in all skills). You can't train stuff before making an audit and it won't be a good idea as you have to know their quality and potential before. Good luck! :)

I'm going to start the list with your zoos. I hope to add more people soon. Please keep the list updated afterwards. Thanks! :)

nayer123.mondozoo.com: level 11
    jacobea.mondozoo.com: level 10

12. devilfish

Thanks Kadija. Sorry about the last question, I just wanted to know if I should build the special zone in the mini-farm (the one with raccoons and squirrels) before I get enough money to build the african savannah or amazon jungle.
    Thanks again.

13. Kadija

Kadija Well-Known Member

It's up to you. :) You don't have to build the special zone before. It's just when the Sveta fairies send a special animal in your zoo (as you have an unlimited subscription they use to do every Monday) the animal won't have an enclosure. Maybe the animal won't stay then I don't know.

14. Kadija

Kadija Well-Known Member

Any news about your zoos?

I got level 59 today. :D

15. Kadija

Kadija Well-Known Member

Great news for all: There are some new features. Among them a gift shop where you can send presents to your friends/other players. Check out the link "offer gifts". Have fun! :D

16. Jacobea

I've made it to L 10, just waiting on the money (since I'd like at least 125,000 before I pass to L 11).

Question-I won a "totem". I'm going to be lazy and ask here instead of hunt the info down :rolleyes: What is a totem and how do I use it?

17. Kadija

Kadija Well-Known Member

Congratulations on level 10 Jacobea! :D

When animals die their spirits can take the form of totems to protect your zoo. ;) You can change the simple totems into magical totems in the enclosures of the MondoStars. Did you get a MondoStar yet? Each Magical Totem is related to one MondoStar: Sasha the Boa (Happiness), Edmond the pig (Longevity) and Florian the Pelican (Fecundity). You can create the magical totems with simple totems and LOL. For a magical happiness totem you'll get an additional heart for example. Here is a thread about it on MondoZoo: MONDO FORUM

18. Zoogoer2000

Zoogoer2000 Well-Known Member

Just joined MondoZoo

Its really fun and i'm on level 7

Just a question, how do you reach the map of your zoo?

19. devilfish

Just made it to level 17 :D

I've been meaning to ask: my managers are consistently rubbish and I have to fire them daily. I only use classsified ads; is there any way to get a decent manager? (I've now finished my free audits too.)
    Thanks

@ Zoogoer2000: Just click on 'home' in the menu on the left hand side of the screen.

Last edited: 28 Jun 2009
  20. Jacobea

Level Fourteen :D

And I got Edmond the Pig. I crippled myself tho when I built the new zone and now I need 2000 to upgrade my ticket booth, but that would wipe me out completely, so I'll have to wait, I think :rolleyes: And it may well be a month before I reach L 15 since the requirements are steep on my budget!