Join our zoo community

Zoo souvenir shops online

Discussion in 'Zoo Memorabilia' started by ibigmang, 14 Feb 2013.

1. ibigmang

ibigmang Member

Hello,

I'm trying to start a collection of Zoo T-shirts from all over the world. Whilst most if not all Zoos have souvenir shops, Zoos with online shops for easy order of souvenir items seem to be few and far in between. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Cheers,

ibigmang (Sydney)

2. gerenuk

gerenuk Well-Known Member 10+ year member

If you don't mind having used/"gently worn" shirts in your collection - ebay is probably the way to go.

3. azcheetah2

azcheetah2 Well-Known Member

I wish LA Zoo and Santa Barbara Zoo offered online shopping, specifically of shirts. When I was there a couple of years ago I didn't get one at either one, for some reason. I usually get a patch, a pin, a keychain and a t-shirt. Well, from LA I got the patch, the pin, the keychain and a re-usable cup. Not sure why I didn't get shirts at either one. I got one at the EFBC.

Oh, and I tried ebay for those shirts. No joy.

Last edited: 15 Feb 2013
  4. ibigmang

ibigmang Member

London Zoo has one T-shirt design for adults (Chimp). However the postage to the USA is GBP 20. and to Australia is a whooping GBP 33.95 if you only want 1 T-shirt (not sure about larger quantities).

Edinburgh Zoo has adult hoodies and some interesting bits and pieces and it has a far more reasonable worldwide flat rate of GBP 15.

Taronga Zoo in Sydney has a good online shop. https://taronga.org.au/shop

Last edited: 16 Feb 2013