Join our zoo community

Zoo trip to Germany 2016

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Goura, 22 Apr 2016.

1. Goura

Goura Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Certainly - I will be in Basel from the 21st to the 25th of July before heading to Walsrode. I intended to visit Basel zoo on the 22nd and Mulhouse on another day, but perhaps we could meet on Sunday the 24th? I will be getting a UK sim card when I am in London so I don't know my phone number yet. If you are on Facebook, my id is Glenn Aubrey and it would be easier to keep in touch.

2. Goura

Goura Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Just returned from a fantastic zoo trip to Europe - thanks to everyone for their advice and a special thanks to lintworm who met me in Basel for a tour of the zoo (especially since he was in the middle of a busy travel schedule himself) I visited the following collections:

Zürich Zoo
    Wildnispark Langenberg
    Zoo Basel
    Tierpark Lange Erlen
    Weltvogelpark Walsrode
    Frankfurt zoo
    Zoo Heidelberg
    Burger's zoo
    Apenheul
    Antwerp zoo
    Planckendael
    London zoo
    Paradise Wildlife Park
    Chessington zoo

The only one I'd planned to visit but sadly did not have the time was Cotswold Wildlife Park and Gardens. Weather was fantastic except for the day I visited Burger's which was a bit of a washout and photography limited as a result.

As expected, Walsrode was the most amazing experience (visited three days in a row) but especially enjoyed Apenheul - which was fantastic - and Zoo Heidelberg which was a nice surprise although I had 'firsts' in every collection I visited.

I will be posting photos of the highlights as soon as I get them organised.