Join our zoo community

Zoo Tycoon Zoo Tycoon 2 Log

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by OstrichMania, 12 Jun 2019.

Tags:
  1. OstrichMania

OstrichMania Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I have made this thread so people can easily share their ZT2 zoos. This will allow people to update their zoo progress e.g New Exhibits, New Facilities, etc. To submit your ZT2 zoo, please answer the following questions that are in bold.

1. What is the name of your zoo?

Manchester Zoo
    2. How big is your zoo?
    Large
    3. What type of park is your zoo? e.g Standard Zoo, World-Class Zoo, Safari Park
    World-Class Zoo with an aquarium, safari park, farm and standard zoo exhibits.
    4. What are your 5 starting animals?
    White Rhinoceros, Absyssian Ground Hornbill, American Alligator, Osprey and Humboldt Penguin.
    5. What ZT2 mode are you using for the zoo?
    Freeform

Bisonblake likes this.
  2. OstrichMania

Going to change some of my animals due to unavailable downloads:
    Absyssian Ground Hornbill will be replaced by the Rhinoceros Hornbill.
    The Osprey will be replaced with the Common Buzzard.

3. Ebirah766

Ebirah766 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I like this idea. I'm going to pull out a zoo when I can..

4. OstrichMania

Will start my zoo in a bit, going to make different zoos since every map will be one precinct. The water park (outside aquarium) will also take up one zoo map. The safari park might take 3 or 4 but I am focusing on the zoo and water park first.

5. OstrichMania

I drafted up some complex ideas for the Asian Precinct in my zoo:

Buffalo Bridge - Large sized complex focused on large Asian ungulates. Key species include but not limited to: Asian Water Buffalo, Takin, Wild Yak, Guar

Asian Primate Center - Large sized complex focused on Asian primates. Key species include but not limited to: Sumatran Orangutan, Bornean Orangutan, Proboscis Monkey, White Cheeked Macaque, Siamang

Gibbon Gauge - Medium sized complex focused on the Gibbons of Asia. Species include but not limited to:
    Lar Gibbon, Silvery Gibbon, Northern White-Cheeked Gibbon, Western Hoolock Gibbon

Crane Creak - Small sized complex focused on the Cranes of Asia. Species include but not limited to: Red-Crowned Crane, Sarus Crane, Black-Necked Crane

Orangutan Breeding Center - Large sized complex for our 2nd set of Orangutan families. Species include but not limited to: Sumatran Orangutan, Bornean Orangutan

Ebirah766 likes this.
  6. ZPA

ZPA Well-Known Member

This is perfect. I shall move my zoo to here.
    1. One World United Zooquarium
    2. Many different zoos to make one large zoo, if that's allowed
    3. A World Class Zoo/Aquarium with a children's zoo as well
    4. Famous Species are African Elephants, Polar Bears, Reticulated Giraffes, Chimpanzees, West African Lions, Hippos, Koalas, and Giant Pandas.
    5. This zoo will be in freeform mode

7. TheGerenuk

TheGerenuk Well-Known Member 5+ year member

This is a neat idea! I'm likely going to contribute my ideas soon.

8. ZPA

ZPA Well-Known Member

Here's my draft for a place of the zoo called Pacific Peak:
    Polar Pool - An area for animals on the arctic circle such as Polar Bears, Belugas, and Pacific Walruses.

Wolf Woods - Where woodland animals up in the northern U.S. and Canada are. Ex. Grizzlies, Timber Wolves, Bald Eagles, Mountain Lions, etc.

Sea Lion Shores - Pinnipeds of the Pacific Coast such as Harbor Seals, Northern Elephant Seals, and the Famous California Sea Lion...Oh yeah, we have Sea Otters too!

Glacial Gardens - A few exhibits, but in a beautiful landscape featuring Barren-Ground Caribou, Snowy Owls, and Musk Oxen

9. OstrichMania

At the entrance of my zoo, I hope to add either a large waterfowl pond or a big multi species aviary.

10. Black Footed Beast

Black Footed Beast Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I've got a few ideas for this already, just need to start some zoos, I'm gonna be including the Congo Gorilla Forest that I made for this as well

11. OstrichMania

I have some more complex ideas. They are as follows:

Asian Serpentarium - Small sized complex focused on Snakes of Asia. Species include but not limited to: King Cobra, Reticulated Python, Russell's Viper, Monocoled Cobra

The Reptiles of the Asian Waters - Small sized complex focusing on Asian crocodile, alligator, terrapin and turtle species. Species include but not limited to: Phillipine Crocodile, Mugger Crocodile, Chinese Alligator, Giant Asian Pond Turtle, Northern River Terrapin

The Scutters on the Asian Ground - Small sized complex focused on Asian Lizards. Species include but not limited to: Asian Giant Monitor, Common Leopard Gecko, Chinese Water Dragon

Note: The reptile complexes are all part of one huge house called the Asian Reptile House. Visitors would be welcomed with the Asian Serpentarium, with a bypass for people with ophidiophobia. This and the bypass then leads to a giant walkthrough area with birds that are yet to be decided, and is the Reptiles of the Asian Waters, with enclosures in the walkthrough area. There is a bypass for people with chelonaphobia. This and the bypass leads into the Scutters of the Asian Ground complex. There is a bypass for people with Herpetophobia. There is a reptile themed gift shop and it exits out opposite to the Crane Creak complex.

12. Black Footed Beast

1. Chain O Lakes Zoos (New Lake Park Zoo, California Coast Zoo, Great Forest Zoo)
    2. NLPZ, Large. CCZ, Large. GFZ, Extra Large (Multiple Maps)
    3. NLPZ, Popular American Zoo. CCZ, Popular American Zoo. GFZ, World Class Zoo
    4. NLPZ, Greater Flamingo, Red Ruffed Lemur, Ring-Tailed Lemur, Common Raven, Bald Eagle. CCZ, Greater Flamingo, California Sea Lion, Sunda Slow Loris, Little Brown Kiwi, Prehensile Tailed Porcupine. GFZ, Mountain Gorilla, African Leopard, Drill, Chimpanzee, Okapi.
    5. All three are in Freeform.
    Sorry if I can't have multiple zoos, I just had the idea of making a multi-zoo program that allows me the use various different types of landscapes, if I can only use one I will just use Great Forest as thats the one that includes Congo Gorilla Forest

13. OstrichMania

Can't seem to find my Northern Ground Hornbill download for Africa, so the African entrance bird will be Southern Carmine Beeater and the White Rhinoceros will be replaced with Black Rhinoceros.

Last edited: 21 Jun 2019
  14. OstrichMania

Since I haven't got much experience in mods, I have decided to pause Manchester Zoo, and build some smaller zoos to get more experience with working with mods. Here is the first of these small zoos:

West London Exotic Animal Sanctuary
    2. How big is your zoo?
    Medium/Small.
    3. What type of park is your zoo?
    Small sanctuary focused on taking in injured, abandoned or endangered exotic species.
    Yet to be decided.
    5. What ZT2 mode are you using for this zoo?
    Freeform.

15. OstrichMania

This thread has died down a little, but hopefully it can get active again.

16. ZPA

ZPA Well-Known Member

I shall revive it:)
    So i decided to completely revise my zoo and split it up into four zoos all under the organization One World United. These four parks are semi connected, with one having enclosures connecting to the atlantic ocean. There are four zoos:
    Zoo Exeter
    Coastline Aquarium
    The Fragile Forest
    Exeter Safari
    More info on the way and pics coming the first week of August( this time for real!)

Ebirah766 likes this.
  17. Black Footed Beast

I guess I'll update what is going on with my Chain O Lakes Zoological Society, we have added two parks to the chain
    1.Scotland Forest Zoo and Second Chance Sanctuary
    2. SFZ, Small. SCS, Small.
    3. SFZ, Newer European Zoo. SCS, Local Sanctuary.
    4. SFZ, Clouded Leopard, Red Tailed Boa, Greylag Goose, European Fallow Deer, Addax. SCS, Meerkat, Spectacled Bear, Red Kangaroo, Emu, Reticulated Giraffe.
    5. Freeform for both

18. OstrichMania

West London Rescue Centre has officially opened, with a massive lake exhibit with lots of wetland birds, a small river exhibit for babies who need assisted rearing, and a Collered Peccary exhibit. A call has recently come in for a group of injured Giant Anteaters. They are currently off-show as their exhibit is being built.

ZPA likes this.
  19. SivatheriumGuy

SivatheriumGuy Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Mmmmh I like this. I'll start mine yesterday.

20. SivatheriumGuy

SivatheriumGuy Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Bioparc des pyrénées
    2. How big is your zoo?
    XL
    3. What type of park is your zoo? e.g Standard Zoo, World-Class Zoo, Safari Park
    World-Class Zoo with a sky-tram, a small oceanarium and a rocky mountain (like the mapping terraces in London).
    Red-bellied lemur, Greater flamingo, White-faced whistling duck, Fulvous whistling duck, Nile crocodile.
    5. What ZT2 mode are you using for the zoo?
    Freeform