Join our zoo community

Zoo Tycoon 2 Monkey Problems

Discussion in 'Fantasy Zoos' started by RedTycooner103, 4 Apr 2019.

1. RedTycooner103

RedTycooner103 Member

So, I'm currently in the early stages of planning a South American tropical hall for a upcoming project for my YouTube channel. I try to strive for realism, to a point. There's obviously things I can't replicate in the game that is possible in real life. Anywho, what are some good primate choices for the exhibit? They have to be primarily herbivores, I don't need them munching on my birds.

2. Coelacanth18

Coelacanth18 Well-Known Member

If you're planning on mixing South American primates with birds, you should stick to the small monkeys: tamarins, marmosets, squirrel monkeys, titis and sakis. Larger monkeys like spider, howler, and capuchin might be too disruptive/destructive to mix with birds, and might not be great to mix with people. I'm assuming this is a walk-through hall based on your explanation?

3. Black Footed Beast

Black Footed Beast Well-Known Member

I feel Marmosets or Tamarins would be the best choice, they would fit best in a bird house due to their small size

4. RedTycooner103

RedTycooner103 Member

It is. I plan on there being more birds then anything else with a few smaller mammals like agoutis.

5. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member

Agoutis would be fine. I don't exactly know what's possible in the game, but a small tortoise species and a pond with Amazonian fish would be possible IRL as well. Also a sloth or Prehensile-Tailed Porcupine.

RedTycooner103 likes this.
  6. Coelacanth18

Coelacanth18 Well-Known Member

Mods are very extensive for this game, so a lot of that stuff can easily be acquired. In fact, I don't know that there even are any New World primates already present in-game, so mods are necessary from the get-go.

RedTycooner103 likes this.
  7. RedTycooner103

RedTycooner103 Member

While I would love a tortoise species for my tropical hall the only available Red foot model is quite old and therefore not really a option. There is another that was shown off as a wip but was never released; the creator has been inactive since November of last year. But I was considering a stand in of another small tortoise species, any suggestions?

8. ZooBinh

ZooBinh Well-Known Member

All you really can do is Red-Foot or Yellow-Foot.

9. Ebirah766

Ebirah766 Well-Known Member

Dude, just use the old model.

10. RedTycooner103

RedTycooner103 Member

Actually I just got word from a designer that I'll be able to use a new model he's never released. So score

SpinyLiving, ZooBinh and Coelacanth18 like this.