Join our zoo community

Zoo Tycoon Zoo Tycoon 2?

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by PrimateKid, 3 Jun 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrimateKid

PrimateKid Well-Known Member

Hi all!

Was reading some of the previos treads on zoo tycoon 1 and 2, and was wondering wether any one still plays it? I personally really enjoy number 2 as you can be as creative as you want. If you could add any animals to zoo tycoon 2 what would they be?
    I would like to see more bears, wombats and lots of birds!:D

PK

2. PAT

PAT Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I play it now and then when I have the time but I always find myself getting frustrated and giving up on some ambitious project that doesn't work out. I always go back though.

I'd like to see more Australian animals (we've only got red kangaroos and koalas). I was thinking along the lines of tassie devils, wombats, emus, rock wallabys, cassowarys and dingos. I would kind of like some more asian and american species too; capybaras, cloudies, maras, sun bears, any type of normal deer, pronghorn and rheas.

3. EvilKittie

EvilKittie Well-Known Member

I play, ive been playing for a long while now! :D

I find the lack of reptiles and birds slightly annoying, they could add stuff in like Eagles, Toucans, Largish lizards/snakes

4. aim_foliksta

aim_foliksta Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I have been playing and creating custom content ZT2 for a long time... Now I don't have enought time...

5. markun

markun Well-Known Member

I have to admit I spend hours on it. You really need the extra user-created downloads and hacks to make anything realistic but I am a complete addict and often stay up far too late playing and I often get inspiration for exhibits from these forums!

tassie devils, wombats, rock wallabys, cassowarys, dingos,capybaras, sun bears, some deer, pronghorn and rheas can all be downloaded and some are pretty realistic too.

I have a flickr account with pictures of lots of my creations.

You can see the capybara, sun bear and Australian animals - check out the New South Wales Wildlife Park set - there.

Last edited: 3 Jun 2009
  6. CZJimmy

CZJimmy Well-Known Member

Markun, some of those screenshots are amazing!

Are any of those animals and fence types available for download anywhere (coati, indian rhino, colobus, drill and so on...)? I like the dead trees in one of the Drill enclosures as well.

And how do you create aviaries like that as well? I didn't think it was possible to do so...

P.S. also glad to see I'm not the only one who creates off-exhibit areas for the animals ;)

7. Cat-Man

Cat-Man Well-Known Member 15+ year member

how do you do it?

8. Cat-Man

Cat-Man Well-Known Member 15+ year member

i must have these downloads

9. markun

markun Well-Known Member

Thanks! So there are a few websites with downloads, some are forums and you need to post a minimum number of comments to get exclusives. One is German and a couple are Dutch, the animals won't have names from some of these downloads but it's still worth downloading them because they are so great.

Try these:

Caldera Unlimited (drill)

Zoo Tycoon ABC aktuell, beliebt, creativ -- Bilder-Galerie: Neuste Bilder (colubus, the tree without leaves is also here in a tundra pack)

ZooTycoon.nl (coati)

Zoo Tycoon Volcano

Zoo Tycoon Wereld downloadssectie - Zoo Tycoon downloads-catogorie (great site inc high walls/fences platypus and capybara)

http://zt2d.mirrorcle-world.nl/index.php (aviaries)

badisbadis101's Creations | My ZT2 Creations (invisible fences - great for making moats and island exhibits that acttually contain the animals)

Home ?(biodome)?

Emmas Zoowelt

Shen's Den - (some great fences)

Home ?(Artifex)? (big expansion pack with middle eastern animals and foliage)

Welcome! ?(Penguika)?

ZooMania

10. ZooMania

ZooMania Well-Known Member

Only started a few days back and already hooked. Which isnt fantastic when you have upcoming exams to study for.

11. markun

markun Well-Known Member

be careful, it's really, really addictive! I only wish I could make really huge zoos like the Bronx or San Diego. it just isn't possible with the size of the maps in the game

12. Ituri

Ituri Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Where did you find that low glass barrier?

13. markun

markun Well-Known Member

The link I had is no longer working but don't forget you can 'pull' down tank walls to make a low glass fence

14. Indlovu

Indlovu Well-Known Member 10+ year member

i am also a 'Zoo Tycoon', i used to play ZT1 and also used to create animals for the game, my first being the Short-Faced Bear, although now I use ZT2 very regularly. I do not dowload user made animals, but I plan to make my own in the future.

15. Flixox101

Flixox101 Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Where did you get the download for the hot wire fences, the huge bamboo forests, and the trees?
    By the way, I tried to download the downloads from the websites you linked, and it's not working. Could you explain the downloading process please. :)

16. CZJimmy

CZJimmy Well-Known Member

You copy the .z2f file that is downloaded and paste it into the zoo tycoon folder which is in your program files

17. Flixox101

Well ok, I downloaded it. It opens my WinRAR and do i extract it into my zoo tycoon 2 folder?

18. taun

taun Well-Known Member

Yes, extract it to your Zoo tycoon program file.

19. Flixox101

Mmk, thanks! Just tested it out. :)

20. markun

markun Well-Known Member

The bamboo can be found at zoo tycoon abc, check out various sites for trees and zoo tycoon volcano for a hack so you can place them close together. Low fences are at zootycoon.nl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.