Join our zoo community

Zoo Tycoon Zoo Tycoon Much!!

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by ThylacineAlive, 31 Oct 2012.

1. TNT

TNT Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I've made a new thread for the game!

AnaheimZoo likes this.
  2. OstrichMania

OstrichMania Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Can somebody help me with downloading mods? It is very confusing for me.

3. SivatheriumGuy

SivatheriumGuy Well-Known Member 5+ year member

It's actually pretty easy. All you have to do is download the mod, go to System, then you will find a folder named Program Files x86. Once inside that folder, you will find a folder named Microsoft Games, and inside of it, you will find a folder named Zoo Tycoon 2. All you have to do is open the zoo tycoon 2 folder and drop the mod you downloaded in it.

4. OstrichMania

Didn't work, I couldn't find System in my Zoo Tycoon 2 thing. It is a CD so it might be
    different to downloading it.

5. SivatheriumGuy

Nonono, not in the zoo tycoon folder, if you are in the zoo tycoon folder you only have to drop the download

6. OstrichMania

I did put it in the Zoo Tycoon 2 folder, but now I had a pop up saying you need administrator permission? I pressed skip but it didn't appear in the Zoo Tycoon 2 folder? I know I am annoying, and I am sorry.

7. SivatheriumGuy

No don't worry, you aren't annoying me at least. I don't know how to help more, maybe the problem is in the configuration of the computer itself?

8. OstrichMania

Figured how to do mods, yes! Only one more question now, how do I know that what I am downloading isn't a virus or something.

SivatheriumGuy likes this.
  9. Moebelle

Moebelle Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Of the hundreds of mods I've downloaded from every major ZT fansite and put on several computers, none caused any problems.

10. OstrichMania

What would be the best mods to download do you think? The only ones I can think of is Radical Remake and Aves. Love your channel by the way :)

11. tschandler71

tschandler71 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

There's the Artiodactyl packs if you like Hoofstock.

12. SivatheriumGuy

Carnivora, Artiodactyla, European expeditions, most of the mods in Zeta designs, wild new world and anything you want. Something really helpful for this is the download wiki, which you will find in the link.

13. Almiquí

Almiquí Active Member

The wiki is the best site to find mods for ZT2. Pretty large collection!

Also, you can find very nice stuff here:
    Zeta-Designs
    Mostly scenery items, fences, paths, building sets, etc

In the Round Table site (The ZT2 Round Table) there is a tread to ask for downloads that are not available in the wiki or other sites (the link is down or something like that) Also, in Hendrix's signature, there is a link to his google drive: a gold mine of mods!

Another web with a large collection of mods is User-Made Creations
    They also have mods for ZT1.

14. Elephas Maximus

Elephas Maximus Well-Known Member

15. JVM

JVM Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I am still designing for zt2 on and off, but I have gotten back into designing for zt1 lately.

[​IMG]
    A gibbon that is fully compatible with orangutan. They can also use orangutan toys. This has been my dream project for close to a decade but I was too stupid to figure out all of the complexities of the uca until recently. There will also be a siamang. I am unsure to represent these as lar gibbon or white-cheeked gibbon.

[​IMG]
    A red wolf based on the ingame Mexican gray wolf. I would love suggestions to make their habitat more unique. I mosty thought of the idea when I found out Mexican gray wolves are larger than red wolves, whereas most usermade red wolves used the gray wolf as a base.

[​IMG]
    The large tank includes shortfin mako sharks, tiger sharks, hammerhead sharks, as well as the new sand tiger sharks and green sawfish. I am hoping to add at least two more shark species, but I'm also curious if there are any other recolored fish that can fit this space?

I am also working on a few South American animals including a Brazilian tapir, also designed to be compatible for mixed exhibits with the anteater. I am hoping to include an agouti and at least one kind of primate, and a giraffe or two.

Cat-Man likes this.
  16. JVM

JVM Well-Known Member 10+ year member

In addition to the above projects, I have recently started a Giraffe Pack, including Masai, Baringo, Angolan, Thorncroft's and West African giraffes.

[​IMG]

I am trying to find more ways to differentiate them ingame. Masai will definitely have some unique stat changes.

TNT likes this.