Join our zoo community

Zoo website

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jay, 5 Apr 2006.

1. jay

jay Well-Known Member 20+ year member

Hi everyone. A couple of people have asked about my website on zoos. You can find it at the following link
    www.angelfire.com/ab5/ozzoos

The original idea was to follow the family lines of several of the major animals species kept in Australasian zoos, eg sumatran tigers.

It hasn't been updated in over a year now, other commitments have kept me from it.

Jai

2. Nigel

Nigel Well-Known Member

Wellington Zoo photo Gallery

Jai , Thanks for putting your website where we can all view it .
    I have checked the photos of Wellington Zoo , and there isnt alot of drastic changes -- it still gives a sample of what the zoo is like .

Check out the baboon enclosure --- before and after .

The new baboon enclosure photo does not show the speciousness of it -- it is far too big ! And it is a LOT steeper than it looks !

The photo with the keeper/tiger interaction ;
    The keeper is Bobby Bennett , who was recently "mauled" by two lion cubs when he tripped in their enclosure .
    This photo shows Bobby giving the tiger a snack of a dietary milkshake , which is squirted in their mouth by a syringe . This way the tiger gets close enough for the keeper to have a good look to see if there is any problems , the tiger enjoys Morning Tea , the public get to see the tiger without any undergrowth hiding it , they get to hear about the plight of tigers and conservation efforts , and are urged to give donations to help save the tiger both in zoos and in the wild .
    All in all , its a good party for all participants . :)