Join our zoo community

Zoobeat forumers pets!

Discussion in 'Private Collections & Pets' started by Al, 8 Mar 2008.

1. JerseyLotte

JerseyLotte Well-Known Member

Yup we sure do! Here's a view of our lounge! hehe...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D

2. Mike11

Mike11 Well-Known Member

Thats what i call a lounge! ;)
    Thats great! haha

3. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member

just added two more to the collection.......
    -2 rats
    -2 scorpions

4. Indlovu

Indlovu Well-Known Member 10+ year member

JerseyLotte, that's how I want my lounge to be.

Well in fact, every room in my house.

5. foz

foz Well-Known Member

I keep two labradors a two year old chocolate labrador called choco (not named by myself but by my young cousins...very inventive) and a 12 year old black labrador (with a big white patch) called Sam. I used to have cockatiels and the most gorgeous platinum-peral cockatiel called merlin (unfortnuatley she died form being egg-bound). My house simply ins't big enough for anything else.

6. Mike11

Mike11 Well-Known Member

Good Luck with that house Hazcat!

Reptiles really dont do that much for me im afraid ;)

7. James27

James27 Well-Known Member

Leave ------->

Hehe :D
    My house will probably look like that. I've just about managed to persuade the parents to let me finally by a snake, It begins :)

8. Mike11

Mike11 Well-Known Member

haha thanks Ash! ;)
    My house is allready covered with Pictures,Canvas' of Lions,Big Cats - All slowly going up without being noticed!
    And with some very 'Only fools and Horses' mix and match wall-paper i can see my future house being very nice!

Although my dream house would be on the site of the zoo i happen to be working in, cottage would be nice :)

9. James27

Well I hate to pee on your bonfire but most zoo houses I've seen are either caravans or dorms! xD
    Would be cool to live in a zoo though :)

10. Mike11

Mike11 Well-Known Member

Haha yeah i know! Howletts and Port Lympne have a few cottage's/Bed sits around the site.Theres an odd Chalet around a few of the smaller zoos too ;)
    Living in a zoo would be a fanastic experiance though,However if you do your on 24 hour call but if the animal needs you then you cant complain - Afterall its the job you want to do!

11. Zambar

Zambar Well-Known Member 15+ year member 10+ year member 5+ year member

I think Longleat's head Lake/Birds Keeper lives in the old house overlooking the East African Game Reserve. What a view that'd be to wake to. :) Not to mention zoo founders often live in any houses already present in the zoo, such as how John Aspinall lived in Howletts Mansion and John Knowles lived in Marwell Hall for a while, and I remember the African Experience at Port Lympne driving past old gatehouses, which are now occupied by keepers.

I'll be keeping a few more herps when I get the chance soon, though I should think I'll have to wait till I've got my own flat/house till I keep a roomfull!

12. Mike11

Mike11 Well-Known Member

Theres a house right in the middle of Edinburgh Zoo - Next to the Cat Terraces overlooking the Bears,Playground and Budongo.
    Linton Zoo's owners live in a very large house at the left side of the entrance which is right next to if not slighly attached to the Older Lion House and then the Owners Daughter who is now Director and has ben for quite a few years now has her house and office in the middle of the tortoise field! :) - Just Great!

13. Jose

Jose Well-Known Member

At the moment i have only a california kingsnake which ive had for a few years , its previous owner a friend of mine left Mexico city for Madrid and i ended up having the snake. Recently it very succesfuly escaped after my youngest son didnt leave the top back on the enclosure properly after showing his friend. I eventually found it enjoying its freedom although quite hungry in my wardrobe under a suitcase. As i write this its moving slowly around its enclosure flickering its tongue , no doubt irritated that it no longer has the run of my apartment.

14. Jose

Jose Well-Known Member

Ashley i always imagined you to be in your late 20s as a established zookeeper therefore its suprising to know you still with your parents. I think one of the reasons might be because you talk with alot of knowledge about such things regarding animals in captivity that i was thinking you was alot older. Anyway its good that you and young adults from the United kingdom have an interest in such things. Here in Mexico there is very little interest in animals in young people [although im trying to cultivate an interest them in my young son not to mention my wife hahaha] despite the fact that our ancestors the Aztecs and Mayans worshiped many different types of animals and nature as a whole, i think now the only sacred thing in Mexico is the paycheck at the end of the week for the next weeks survival hahaha.

15. Jose

Jose Well-Known Member

Indeed a very impressive collection, good luck with it friend.

16. ChelseaWildlife

ChelseaWildlife New Member

My 4 month old coatimundi!

17. James27

I'm not a keeper (yet) and I'm only 19. Thanks though, I'm getting my royal on Monday :D

18. Jose

Jose Well-Known Member

That is great news friend , royal pythons are fantastic pets , they are very endearing snakes and have a very docile nature , i kept one for a while it grew to quite a fair size but i gave it to a friend who had a bigger terrarium for it, and it now happily lives with him

19. James27

I have her now, got her yesterday. She's so cute and docile but she remains nameless, I'm having a hard time finding one...

20. zoogiraffe

zoogiraffe Well-Known Member

How about Regis?