Join our zoo community

Closed Zoochat App?

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by Cat-Man, 16 Aug 2011.

1. Cat-Man

Cat-Man Well-Known Member 15+ year member

hi all, i just thought i was thinking about it the other day and i mentioned it in the Chatroom and they thought i should suggest it too you. SO i was thinking, have you ever considered developing a zoochat app for Iphone, android and blackberry smartphones? it would make using zoochat on the go a lot easier than it is currently on that damn mobile web (which btw, is not sim's fault, i just had the mobile web).
    all the best, dan:)

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

I don't believe in creating apps just for websites (unless there is an actual "application" there!) - I think it is a waste of time and money.

However, I do think it is worth the effort to create a mobile-friendly version of the site - using a custom skin to simplify the user interface and make it easier to access via a web browser on a mobile device.

I'm planning a major redevelopment of ZooChat which includes migration to some new software (all existing discussions and photos will migrate across to the new platform once it is released), and as part of that, I do plan on having a mobile skin option for users to interact with the site on mobile devices.

3. Cat-Man

Okay sim, just thought it was worth mentioning:), I like the idea of creating a more friendly user interface for browsing zoochat on mobile devices (I'm tryping this on my blackberry now and let me tell you it is a pain) but thankyou very much for the reply, it was very helpful:)
    Yours
    Dan

4. zooman

zooman Well-Known Member 15+ year member

The latest stats from sensis are that 48% of google searches in Australia are from a mobile phone!

Many businesses are recognising this and creating phone user friendly sites.

5. Cat-Man

Yes, I heard that google searches on mobiles have quite high stats. Zoochat is so entertaining that I thought it would be a good idea to make zoochat easier to use on mobile devices, for example I'm walking round ikea with my parents now and let me tell you, its a LOT funner than concentrating on the furniture Shopping :D;):p

6. Maguari

Maguari Never could get the hang of Thursdays. 15+ year member Premium Member

I quite often access ZooChat from my Android 'phone and it actually works very well as it is! (apart from not always fitting the screen, of course, but a bit of scrolling never hurt anyone!).

7. Cat-Man

See, I find it rather difficult on my blackberry, hopefully a mobile friendly interface will help.
    Yours dan:)

8. Maguari

Nothing's easy on a Blackberry, in my experience! Can't stand 'em. :D

9. Cat-Man

We could get back to that age old debate of iphone vs blackberry vs android ;):D:p

10. Maguari

One for another time and place, I think.

( but Android > iPhone >>>>>>>>>>>>> Blackberry, for me! :D )

11. Cat-Man

2 words. Blackberry Messenger;), makes it all worth while;):D:p

12. SMR

SMR Well-Known Member

Right back at 'cha with: push E-mail.

But I'm with Maguari, ZooChat works fine on a Nexus S and on an Android tablet.

13. nrg800

nrg800 Well-Known Member