Join our zoo community

ZooChat Challenge Europe 2020

Discussion in 'Quizzes, Competitions & Games' started by ShonenJake13, 31 Dec 2019.

1. ShonenJake13

ShonenJake13 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I can tell that you're drinking - look at that grammar! Shocking :p

(glad to hear the acacia rats and pygmy mice are onshow again, they were behind the scenes temporarily when I visited back in March)

Brum and Mr. Zootycoon like this.
  2. Brum

Brum Well-Known Member 10+ year member

The joys of typing on a phone and not being able to read what you've already written without scrolling back. Well that's what I'm going with anyway! :p

No Cloud Rat either, didn't realise the Elephant house was cordoned off until leaving.

ShonenJake13 likes this.
  3. Brum

Barring a miracle this is definitely my last entry. :p

Twycross 4/11

36. Gundi

4. Brum

One more I missed off, and a lifer to boot.

London 22/10

37. Australian Water Rat

Yeah, now that's probably my last entry for the year...

ShonenJake13 likes this.
  5. TNT

TNT Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Seems to be the situation for all of us :(

6. ShonenJake13

Shaldon Wildlife Trust

66. Woylie
    67. Green acouchi

Brum likes this.
  7. ShonenJake13

Well, this year has certainly been an interesting one, especially for someone to take over the running of a challenge.
    The overall leaderboard, and winner, will be posted on the 31st December, but I thought I would mention a couple of things now.
    First of all, thank you to the 16 participants who took part this year from all over Europe. Whilst this was a difficult year for zoo visits, and especially difficult for this challenge given most of the creatures eligible for the category would be kept in indoor facilities that were largely closed as a result of the pandemic, you all still managed to get fairly substantial lists for the most part, and that is something that I find very impressive. So well done!
    In addition, thanks to the various UK Challenge regulars who switched over to this one in absence of a UK Challenge for 2020. I am unsure if Shorts will be returning with a new UK exclusive game for 2021, but I hope that regardless of if he does or not, that you will all continue to take part in this game (especially given how recent political endeavours could tear apart the relationship between the UK and the rest of Europe ;) wouldn't be very fun if that happened on here too hehe)

Now, for the Europe Challenge 2021. The challenge thread will be uploaded tomorrow to allow people a chance to find the thread and to decide if the new category is something that interests them. But, and this must be made abundantly clear, as per usual entries will only be counted from visits that have taken place from the 1st of January 2021 onwards. Any visits that take place tomorrow, or on the 31st December, will not be counted.

I have chosen a similar style of category to this year, but I hope that this one will be more pandemic friendly in any case. The rules will be specified in the thread when it is posted tomorrow.

Hope to see at least some, if not all, of you there :D

pipaluk and Brum like this.
  8. ShonenJake13

FINAL LEADERBOARD

1st: @lintworm126
    2nd: @HOMIN9685
    3rd: @Vision69
    4th: @pipaluk - 68
    5th: @ShonenJake1367
    6th: @MagpieGoose53
    7th: @ThomasNotTom - 51
    8th: @Mr. Zootycoon46
    9th: @Lemur0242
    (tied) 10th: @KevinVar37
    (tied) 10th: @Brum37
    12th: @Najade28
    13th: @pangolin1222
    14th: @Marhi19
    15th: @migdog7
    16th: @Luca Bronzi4
    17th: @Ursus2

Congratulations to lintworm for being the winner of the virtual cake ;) thanks again for playing everyone, hope to see as many of you as possible in the 2021 game!

Lemur02, Brum, pipaluk and 3 others like this.
  9. pipaluk

pipaluk Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Thanks for organising @ShonenJake13. I will be starting again tomorrow hopefully!

ShonenJake13 likes this.