Join our zoo community

ZooChat European Cup Round 1: Amersfoort v Helsinki v Odense

Discussion in 'ZooChat Cup' started by CGSwans, 20 Oct 2018.

?

Birds

Poll closed 22 Oct 2018.
  1. DierenPark Amersfoort

7.7%
  2. Helsinki Zoo

7.7%
  3. Odense Zoo

84.6%
  1. CGSwans

CGSwans Well-Known Member 15+ year member

After a string of cup debutantes, today we get three veterans of the first Cup, though if memory serves all are still looking for their first win. Perhaps birds will be a category more to their liking, though I think Odense came to grief with it before,

I’m posting this through a fog of cold and flu tablets, and I can’t be bothered going back and copying and pasting the rules. 2 days to vote. Base your decision only on birds, and nothing else. Etc etc. I’m going back to bed.

2. ZooBinh

ZooBinh Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Hope you feel better @CGSwans !

3. Ned

Ned Well-Known Member 10+ year member

if the gallery is a fair representation of the bird facilities at each zoo there is only one winner.

4. FunkyGibbon

FunkyGibbon Well-Known Member

Odense's large aviary is impressive, but overall birds are really not its strong suit.
    Both Helsinki and Odense seem to have made a real effort to improve the quality of their aviaries, presumably at the cost of not having lots of not-very-good aviaries.
    However, Helsinki's Borealia, a temperate indoor walkthrough exhibit dedicated to the display of Ruffs in all their complexity and glory, is really fantastic and is one of my favourite exhibits in any zoo.
    Sadly the gallery won't communicate the feeling of it at all.

Ned likes this.