Join our zoo community

Zoofanatika 2020

Discussion in 'Events & Meetups' started by HOMIN96, 14 Jan 2020.

1. HOMIN96

HOMIN96 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Hello everyone,

I would like to invite you to the 7th edition of Zoofanatika, this year in Ostrava.

Some of you already know the event, or even attend it. But for those of you who didn't, what is this all about?

Zoofanatika is Zoohistorica's little sister, target mainly at central-European zoo-enthusiasts. It has everything a good zoo-enthusiast meeting should have:

- auction, exchange of collectibles, guided tour through the zoo (with a quick look to some off-shows too)
    - lectures on various topics (In Czech language though, but there is always someone who can help with translation)

Participants are mainly from the Czech Republic, Poland is strongly represented every year too and there are some occasional participants from other countries as well.

So if you don't have anything better to do from 17th to 19th April, I will gladly see you there. :)

All necessary info can be found here

2. Arek

Arek Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Zoofanatika was postponed for obvious reasons. New date is not yet known, maybe late August, September or October.

HOMIN96 and TeaLovingDave like this.
  3. TeaLovingDave

TeaLovingDave Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

Which would possibly be a blessing in disguise given that (before all the current turmoil) I was hoping to possibly revisit Poland and eastern Czech Republic in the late summer or early autumn anyhow :p

HOMIN96 likes this.
  4. HOMIN96

The new date of Zoofanatika 2020 is 9 - 11 October

5. Andrew Swales

Andrew Swales Well-Known Member

That's brave!
    How do they know it will all be over by then..?

6. HOMIN96

It is a hopeful estimate more than anything, but we are one of the better countries in terms of handling the virus, so we could be back to normal relatively soon.

In my personal opinion, I feel like the virus is here to stay with us in some way, and sooner or later you will have to switch the country back on no matter what...

Maguari likes this.
  7. Andrew Swales

Andrew Swales Well-Known Member

I hope you are right - but you either keep your borders permanently closed, or risk just one person on one aeroplane bringing it back again, and all the personal and financial loss will have been pointless...

8. FunkyGibbon

FunkyGibbon Well-Known Member

This may be right, but hopefully with extremely widespread testing it will be possible to find a balance between the 'old normal' and the 'new normal'.