Join our zoo community

Zookeeping - New Book

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Books about Zoos & Wildlife' started by snowleopard, 21 Apr 2014.

1. snowleopard

snowleopard Well-Known Member 15+ year member Premium Member

This almost 700-page book, published just 4 months ago, has more than 70 contributing authors and I know that some of them are ZooChatters. I'll leave it up to them if they wish to "out" themselves, but I'd be intrigued as to whether the majority of the contributors peruse this site in their spare time.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Zookeeping-Introduction-Technology-Mark-Irwin/dp/0226925315/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1398039473&sr=1-1&keywords=zookeeping]Zookeeping: An Introduction to the Science and Technology: Mark D. Irwin, John B. Stoner, Aaron M. Cobaugh: 9780226925318: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

P.S. This might be one zoo book that I won't purchase, as I usually stick to zoo history publications and the price tag on this zookeeping tome is fairly high.

2. Mr Wrinkly

Mr Wrinkly Well-Known Member 10+ year member Premium Member

I have this book from the library and it is very interesting but too much in depth for me to purchase. It seems like a first-year text book for future keepers.
    Three of the contributors that I know of are from Toronto Zoo.