Join our zoo community

Zoological Park of Sao Paulo Zoologico de Sao Paulo

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by carlos77, 7 Mar 2011.

1. BetoYoung

BetoYoung Well-Known Member

it's my first time that i comment in a sao paulo zoo forum, i came here to say that the zoo has plans to turn the zoo into a zoo in a san diego style zoo, they plan to put the zoo in the top 5 of best zoos in the world, the zoo will have 5 biomes and the possibly the nocturnal visits will be open again,

2. StoppableSan

StoppableSan Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Any corroborating articles/news which highlight the zoo's intentions?

Kifaru Bwana likes this.
  3. BetoYoung

you can search panrotas.com.br then search zoologico de sao paulo, then you will see the news, i even wanted to send you the link but i would have to translated it to english and i don't know how to do that.

Last edited: 13 Apr 2022
    Kifaru Bwana and StoppableSan like this.
  4. Kifaru Bwana

Kifaru Bwana Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Translate just the General info and some particulars. Some of us do onderstand Portuguese Brasileira.

5. BetoYoung

alright.

6. BetoYoung

i translated the news the inform about the new developments, so here we go.

7. BetoYoung

"We will transform the Zoológico de Sao Paulo and place it in the top 5 globally. We have an audacious plan to place it at the level of the San Diego Zoo, a global reference. Today, 1.5 million visitors come to the zoo annually and We aim to double that number by 2024."
    "He says that the zoo will be divided into 5 biomes and that the cloistered will be the visitors, not the animals and that there is a lot of expectation about the night visits that will be open".
    "The São Paulo Safari Zoo, where the former Simba Safari used to be, is undergoing renovations that will be delivered in December."
    "Visitors will no longer travel the site with their own vehicles to use the company's fleet." The Safari Zoo is already receiving improvements and will soon be recognized by the new proposal, in which people who are trapped. There will be stylized cars, which will be used on the route of the new tour, accompanied by biologists."
    These are some parts of the news, that the managing partner of the zoo Heraldo Evans said about the zoo.

8. BetoYoung

hey guys i have some good news, the zoo will get a male axolotl to join the rest of the 2 females that live at the zoo.

FelipeDBKO likes this.
  9. BetoYoung

hey guys, i have some awesome news, the zoo will receive a great development that will take 5 years to be completed, and they should invest 300 millions reais in this, the development has plans to join the zoo, safari park and the botanical garden into one, joining all these, they will make an excellent place to be considered one of the best zoos in the world, and will get a name called biosfera park, also this is gonna be the greatest development from the last 40 years of the zoo's history, the main objective is turn the zoo into a place of preservation, education and the conservation of wildlife, the guests will be able to see animals that will represent all the biomes of the world, there will be 4 biomes: Americas, Africa, Eurasia and Oceania. Also, and brazil will be represented with 6 brazilian biomes, being them: Amazon, Cerrado, Atlantic Forest, Caatinga, Pantanal And Pampas.
    One of the biggest changes are developing new enclosures to the animals from where they live currently and moving them to large areas where they can behave like they would in the wild, and they will camouflage the apparent barriers of metal fences using materials from nature, such as bushes and logs, in addition to expanding spaces for some animals, changing others places and, in some cases, grouping them as they are found in their habitat by biome, they will also include a platform suspended at a height of 6 meters and almost 2 kilometers to access the entrance, a stretch that visitors can travel on foot to enjoy the view or with a kind of electric train.

Last edited: 18 Sep 2022
    FelipeDBKO and Matheus Carbonero like this.
  10. BetoYoung

one of the examples of animals being moved to new enclosures are moving the lions to an enclosure with 6066 square meters, instead of the current 623. also new restaurants will get new themes so the guests can appreciate them.

Last edited: 18 Sep 2022
  11. BetoYoung

once the biomes's divison is completed until 2025, the biologists will be able to add more different animals together as they live in the wild, and the new entrance will be in the middle of the complex so the guests can acess the whole park which they bought tickets. and if the guests want to visit the safari, they no longer will use their own cars, instead they will use a safari's car with a guide driving it. and the axolotls will get a new enclosure.

12. Matheus Carbonero

Matheus Carbonero Active Member

oh my god, such exciting news, let's hope for the best! =D São Paulo Zoo really needs and deserves plenty renovations. I'd love to see some sketches of the enclosures planned.

FelipeDBKO and BetoYoung like this.
  13. BetoYoung

agree with you, i hope the zoo can be able to bring back species that were formerly kept like gorillas, cheetahs, american black bears, snow leopards, african leopards, gray wolves, lar gibbons, malayan tapirs, grizzlies, kangaroos, gharials, indian rhinos, wisents, kudus and vultures.

14. BetoYoung

hey guys, i've got some great news, the zoo will receive the snowy owl, yes, the iconic owl from harry potter, i think the zoo will be the only brazilian zoo to keep them, just like the animalia park is the only brazilian instituition that keeps indian rhinos, i don't know there are other zoos in brazil that keep this owl, but i believe this will an exclusivity in brazil. And it will be displayed in the new exhibit called woodlands's world of the owls.

15. BetoYoung

other owls will be displayed as well, like the barn owl, striped owl and stygian owl.

16. BetoYoung

i have a theory that this new attraction including the one who houses axolotls, is part of the plan of the biosfera park.