Join our zoo community

San Diego Zoo Zoonooz info

Discussion in 'United States' started by sandiegomaster, 24 Feb 2011.

1. sandiegomaster

sandiegomaster Well-Known Member

I just got the zoonooz today with some interesting updates. On page 6 they talk about the upgrades at the front of the zoo, the entry will be changed to reflect the zoo's history. They mention that they will create a bamboo forest as part of the panda exhibit changes with hints that are suppose to show how pandas live in the wild. New directional and safari experience signs along with new territories are being added to the park. There is also a new exhibit going in at the park for fruit bats.

When I went to the zoo this weekend, they said that part of the front renovation is to put down more power lines since the zoo has ran out of power and needs more for future planed exhibits including the renovation of cat canyon.

I personally am looking forward to the fruit bats exhibit, hope tiger trails starts soon and I hope that the panda exhibit will be nice and not go overboard with kids play areas but focuses on the animals.

2. Otter Lord

Otter Lord Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Agreed on what you said last. We have such a great climate and the ability to grow so many plants so we can definitely make the best exhibits.

Can't wait for a fruit bat exhibit and the renovation of cat canyon. I hope they hit elephant mesa and the new Australia area soon.

I must say, I really hope they have a history exhibit like the Saint Louis Zoo did. Zoos shouldn't hide their history and the San Diego Zoo's history if a very good one.