Join our zoo community

Zoos in the US where every exhibit is open

Discussion in 'United States' started by CarLover, 4 May 2021.

1. dcamp023

dcamp023 Well-Known Member 15+ year member

It was as of a few weeks ago.

2. dcamp023

dcamp023 Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Does anyone have an update when philly will open all indoor?

3. CarLover

CarLover Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I don't know. On the Philly news page here on ZooChat, I made a complaint and several people were in strong disagreement of my opinion and I apologized for offended anyone. I would like the indoor exhibits to open soon but no one knows when they will.

4. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Is Omaha pretty much fully open now? It looks like it is on their website.

5. MGolka

MGolka Well-Known Member

Another week until the Gorilla and Orangutan areas reopen. The floor of the Lied Jungle is still closed. Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom Pavilion is also still closed.

StoppableSan likes this.
  6. StoppableSan

StoppableSan Well-Known Member 5+ year member

BTW, are you heading over to check out the renovations they'll have done to Gorilla Valley and Orangutan Forest? I'm interested to see what changes they have made, unfortunately I couldn't live any further from Omaha. :cool::(

7. birdsandbats

Are you sure about the Leid Jungle? Their website didn’t note anything like that. Would you say Omaha is currently worth visiting like this, or would it be better to wait for everything to open (interested in anyone’s opinions here)?

8. Dhole dude

Dhole dude Well-Known Member

Minnesota zoo has been fully open (barring parts of the leopard viewing shelter in Russia’s Grizzly Coast) for a couple of months now.

9. MGolka

MGolka Well-Known Member

I am going today and can get a picture of the outside. Last week it looked close to done, but not sure of the inside.

I’m 100% sure as I was just there last Friday. You can still go in the Lied Jungle, you just won’t get the trail experience.

As far as visiting goes, when I look at other zoos to make a visit to, if I’m close enough to them but see some sort of construction is happening or exhibits are closed, I usually hold off but that’s just me. To me it depends if you are planning on coming back sooner than later, if soon, then sure, but if not for a long time, I would think twice about it. I’ve heard many upset guests when they find out the Gorillas and Orangutans are closed, quite a few using some pretty obscene choice words.

There is still quite a bit to do/see, but if you want to see absolutely everything then perhaps a wait is best.

StoppableSan likes this.
  10. birdsandbats

What do I miss by not seeing the lower level of Lied Jungle? Can most of the exhibits be seen from the above floors? I may visit the zoo soon, I would likely not have another opportunity to visit for quite some time.

11. ZooBinh

ZooBinh Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I'd say 95%. Their little rainforest dome is still closed, however.

Cleveland MetroParks and Columbus are fully open.

12. MGolka

MGolka Well-Known Member

There are three exhibits you will miss, but really the only species of note you will miss is the Philippine Crocodile. On a good day you may see if from above, but the exhibit from above is not easily spotted, and even then there are extremely limited views.

StoppableSan likes this.