Join our zoo community

Zoos MC (WIP)

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by ZPA, 20 May 2020.

1. ZPA

ZPA Well-Known Member

So, I like minecraft. And I always wanted to make a zoo in the game, so I started brainstorming ideas and got one.

It's two zoos: Bedrock Zoo and Zoo Java. Bedrock Zoo is the smaller of the two at only 35 acres. I based it off of the Turtle Back Zoo and Elmwood Park Zoo. I drew a map and will give updates tomorrow.

2. ZPA

ZPA Well-Known Member

Should I use the Mo Creatures lion to represent the asiatic lion? The lion/tiger complex is to represent the gir forest, so I was thinking using mo creatures lion and zawa's bengal tiger.

3. the racoon has spoken

the racoon has spoken Well-Known Member

can u get mo creatures on bedrock?

4. ZPA

ZPA Well-Known Member

They're both on java, I just thought the names sounded cool. I could convert it to bedrock when I'm done maybe?

5. the racoon has spoken

oh ok, and yea i feel like u should use the mo' creatures one because it's the best model after the zawa one which is just better.

ZPA likes this.
  6. ZPA

ZPA Well-Known Member

Just to keep everyone informed, yes, I am still working on this. Here's a little info on Bedrock Zoo

Located in Westlake, Creepifornia (based on California), the Bedrock Zoo is a small, 35 acre zoo nestled in Westlake’s Bedrock Gardens, just 7 miles from downtown. The zoo opened as a wildlife sanctuary in 1967, and became a part of ZoosMC in 1987. It’s main focus is conserving endangered species and rescuing local wildlife. It is home to the only sumatran rhinos in the United Blocks. It is also home to an award-winning walrus habitat. In 2013, it was the first zoo in North Overworld to breed the endangered sumatran rhinoceros. We are beginning construction on Savanna Steppes, a new zoo zone renovating the giraffe house and hoofstock enclosures, while also adding cheetahs, maned wolves, lemurs, and many more species that live in plains and scrublands.

the racoon has spoken likes this.
  7. ZPA

ZPA Well-Known Member

Some info on Zoo Java:

Zoo Java, formerly called the Santa Java Zoo, is a zoo located in the heart of Santa Java, Creepefornia, in Notch Park. Started as a small collection of birds and reptiles in 1932, it is one of the oldest zoos in Creepefornia. It started the Zoological Society of Midwest Creepefornia. In 1990, the zoo became one of 3 zoos in the United Blocks to house giant pandas. Over the past 30 years, there have been 7 panda births and in 2012, a new pair, Bo Lin and Wu Yang, arrived at the zoo. We also have a large aquarium in the center of the zoo, home to a pod of bottlenose dolphins, also a trio of amazon river dolphins.

the racoon has spoken likes this.
  8. the racoon has spoken

Just as a question could u make ur world mp? cause I kinda want to help build it.

9. ZPA

ZPA Well-Known Member

Ok, I'll try

10. ZPA

ZPA Well-Known Member

Some sad news. Something happened to my PC and I had to reinstall minecraft. I still have all the same mods, but I had to start over. It's actually kind of of a good thing, since I wasn't satisfied with my old world. But this time I will start with Zoo Java. Unfortunately, I can't make the world multiplayer. On that note, I will give you guys the ability to name the animals in the zoo, So whoever wants to name the animals, just reply and I will give you an animal. Also will give you guys the privilege to describe the zoo zones. The first zoo zone is Land Down Under. Species are:
    Red Kangaroo
    Koala
    Platypus
    Long-Beaked Echidna
    Palm Cockatoo
    Tasmanian Devil
    Northern Brown Kiwi

11. ZPA

ZPA Well-Known Member

Zoo Java has had a long history with the bamboo bear. It all stated in the mid-80’s when the mayor of Creepefornia started working in China to help the conservation act. They had such great success that they allowed Creepefornia the “panda privilege”. Then, in 1987, as part of the ZoosMC founding, two giant pandas visited Bedrock Zoo and Santa Java Zoo, each for 100 days. They became such a hit with the visitors that in 1993, two pandas came to the Santa Java Zoo on loan for 10 years, named Mei Sheng and Goji. In 2000, the loan was renewed for another five years. During that time, in 1995, Mei Sheng gave birth to the first panda cub born in the United Blocks, Speck. This would be the first of five births over the span of 15 years. Speck returned to China in 2002, with the original pair returning in 2005. Then in 2009, two giant pandas visited the Bedrock Zoo for 100 days. In 2012, a new pair, Bo Lin and Wu Yang, arrived on loan for ten years. A pair of twins were born in 2015, and earlier this year in March, a cub named Wa Jing was born.

Just a little something about our black and white bears. I am still building it, and will be posting updates here and on the ZAWA discord.

12. ZPA

ZPA Well-Known Member

Panda Births

1995-Speck

1998-Ming Ming

2002-Loaf & Lun Lun

2004-Lai An

2015-Jia Fen & Jia Fu

2020-Wa Jing

Jungle Man likes this.