Join our zoo community

Zootech fence company

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by bongorob, 19 Jan 2009.

1. bongorob

bongorob Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Last edited: 19 Jan 2009
  2. zoogiraffe

zoogiraffe Well-Known Member

Very intreasting nobody i`ve spoken to at Chester has mentioned anything about a new Penguin Pool.

3. kiang

kiang Well-Known Member 15+ year member

The new penguin pool is for Blackpool, Chester are wanting 16 new aviaries for endangered species.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We do quite a lot of unusual stuff. We've just won a contract with the RSPB and I've been up at Blackpool Zoo looking at the sea lion enclosure, which requires artificial rock work and waterfalls.

"They also want us to give them a price for a new penguin exhibit. At Chester Zoo, we've got a project lined up to create 16 aviaries for various endangered species."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. Fodders

Fodders Well-Known Member

What are the aviaries for?

5. zoogiraffe

zoogiraffe Well-Known Member

Sorry mis-read the article,i do know Chester have thought about trying to put another species in with Penguins.
    As for what Chester need 16 new avaries for think they could be rep;acements for the old Oakfield Avaries,the ones on the Rainbow Lawn and the Lorikeet Avaries by Islands in Danger.

6. bongorob

bongorob Well-Known Member 15+ year member

It's the way it was written. All the aviaries you listed are quite old. As a quick guess I would say building dates are 1974, 1986 and 1970.