Join our zoo community

Zootierliste Help

Discussion in 'Europe - General' started by Water Dragon, 15 May 2017.

Tags:
  1. Water Dragon

Water Dragon Well-Known Member

So I have recently just joined Zootierliste but I am afraid that I cannot get the hang of the website at all. I have been unable to find a how-to-use guide anywhere other than the FAQ page.
    Now, I know that quite a few people on this site are also on ZTL, so would anyone be willing to give me a basic idea of how to use the site? All help is appreciated.
    Thanks,

-Water Dragon

2. bongorob

bongorob Well-Known Member

Type the species or collection you are looking for in the search box.

You can also search between current and former holdings either at the start of your search, or when you get the data up.

If you click on a species the information about where it is kept, or has been kept, comes up.

Be warned, some of the common names used are not what we are used to in the UK.

If you want Water Dragon, type water dragon in the search box and it will give you a list

Australian water dragon (Eastern water dragon) (No Subspecific status) (Intellagama lesueurii (Syn.: Physignathus lesueurii) (Syn.: Istiurus lesueurii))
    Australian water dragon (Nominate subspecies)** (Intellagama lesueurii lesueurii (Syn.: Physignathus lesueurii lesueurii)**)
    Chinese water dragon (Green water dragon) (Asian water dragon) (Physignathus cocincinus)
    Gippsland water dragon (Intellagama lesueurii howittii (Syn.: Physignathus lesueurii howitti))

I find it easier to search by scientific name, but either scientific or connon name will ring the data up.

sometimes if you search by species and then click on a zoo name all sorts of information comes up. I entered the breeding records for Chester reptiles 1959-2015 last year so you can see how many Water dragons they have bred.

3. Water Dragon

Water Dragon Well-Known Member

Thanks Rob!
    Does anyone know how to make edits to the zoo-lists and everything?

4. Hvedekorn

Hvedekorn Well-Known Member

You need to make an account. That's easy enough, just click "log-in" in the upper left corner, then "register", and you should be able to figure out the rest. If I remember correctly, your account has to be approved/activated by a moderator, though, so you may not be able to edit right away.

Water Dragon likes this.