Join our zoo community

Zoo Tycoon ZT2 Mother Apes Disappearing

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by Zoofan15, 7 Oct 2016.

1. Zoofan15

Zoofan15 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I have had a number of apes, including chimpanzee, orangutan and gibbon disappear. Ie. they are alive and well in my zoo one minute, and no longer in my zoo the next. They are no longer listed as family members on the family trees of mates or offspring etc. This has happened to at least two gibbons, two orangutan and multiple chimpanzee. The individuals had this in common:

-They were all female
    -They all had at least two offspring at the zoo (range 2-14)
    -They were all original imports (ie not born at the zoo)

Once I noticed and had not made much progress in the zoo since I last saved, so I was able to exit without saving and retieve the female orangutan. The other times, I visited the exhibit only to notice the animal had disappeared.

In one instance, I checked the message screen. Towards the bottom, it listed the animal as having given birth as one of the oldest messages, and there was no subsequent mention of it's death (through illness or old age), meaning it hadn't died and it's death gone undetected. Has anyone else experienced this with apes or other animals in ZT2???

2. CGSwans

CGSwans Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Sounds like your enclosures are less than secure.

3. Zoofan15

Zoofan15 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

If it were an animal containment issue, the 'missing' animal would still show up as a relation on it's relatives family trees.

Only my meerkats escape.