Join our zoo community

Dinosaur Games that you guys might be interested in

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by African Grey, 3 Sep 2015.

1. African Grey

African Grey Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Hello everyone today I wanted to show you 4 dinosaur games that are in development that I have been following for quite some time now. They are Prehistoric Kingdom, Dinosaur Battlegrounds, Saurian, and Mesozoica. Prehistoric Kingdom and Mesozoica are two games that are like a mixture of Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis, Zoo Tycoon 2, and Wildlife Park 2. One of these games going for accuracy. While the other game is going for both accuracy and showcasing inaccurate prehistoric animals (For example a biped Spinosaurs). Then there is Dinosaur Battlegrounds and Saurian. Both of these games take place in a area called Hell Creek. Both of these games are kind of like a survival game like that of a game called Wolfquest and another called Shelter. You start as a young dinosaur in the game and you have to survive and watch out for all types of dangers such as predators, diseases, fires, etc... I wanted to show this because a lot of people like me have been waiting for a new zoo tycoon like game and a survival game like this for a long long time and I wanted to share these projects to you! Let me know what you guys think! I hope what I am sharing is not against the zoo chat rules.

2. African Grey

I wanted to give you an update about these games and show you the websites so that you can learn more about these games.

Mesozoica: This game is going to be a mixture of Zoo tycoon 2 and Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis . It will give the players a choice to either have either realistic creatures (Some of the "realistic animals are not really that accurate due to one of their modelers for the creature be really stubborn) or non realistic creatures. For example you can the choice of having a Featured Deinonychus or a non feathered Deinonychus .you could also have a scientifically accurate Spinosaurus or a Jurassic Park 3 like Spinosaurus. This game has been successfully funded on Kickstarter and should be coming out in mid 2016 to late 2016.

Saurian: (from their website)"Saurian is a video game focused on providing the most captivating prehistoric experience ever developed for commercial gaming: living like a true dinosaur in a dynamic open world through intense, survival based gameplay. Players will have the opportunity to take control of several different species of dinosaur in their natural environment. You will attempt to survive from hatchling to adult, managing physical needs, while avoiding predators and environmental hazards in a dynamic landscape reflecting cutting-edge knowledge of the Hell Creek ecosystem 66 million years ago" "Play as Acheroraptor, Pachycephalosaurus, Tyrannosaurus or Triceratops. Our eventual goal is to have each of these four complete their entire life cycle from hatchling to adult. Advance through multiple distinct life stages, each of which offers a different experience based on your growth and development" This game plan to be funded on kick starter hopefully this summer. The release date is unknown

Prehistoric Kingdom: Prehistoric kingdom is like mesozoica but focuses more on accuracy. This game is like a cross of Zoo tycoon 2, wildlife park 2, and Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis. This is focused on being realism and accuracy to the player. Examples for this would be that most of the dinosaurs would have feathers but not all of them, and the animals would look up to date based on scientific findings. If the animals looks accurate today but does not tomorrow then they would replace it to how it looks now. I dont know when they will have a kickstarter but the release date is mid 2016 to early 2017.

Dinosaur Battlegrounds: (from the website) " Experience Prehistoric Earth as a Dinosaur in an accurately recreated 3D world, Fight, Survive and reach the top of the food Chain.

If you could imagine yourself living life as a prehistoric dinosaur, which one would you be? Picture the Earth as it existed millions of years ago, fleshed out with stunning 3D computer graphics, filled with dinosaurs and other prehistoric life -- Designed to mimic the prehistoric world in every way -- A simulation unlike any other, there are loads of dino Shoot em ups and other fantasy dinosaur games, but none that take the actual science and use accurate information to the best of our knowlege and try and send you back in time. A simulation that is part MMORPG, part survival game, with some action adventure, elements set in a dynamic changeable sandbox style world where everything has a purpose and can be interacted with. The more real knowledge you have about dinosaurs the more equiped you will be.

The artwork that goes into Dinosaur Battlegrounds is checked and approved by real Paleontologists, ensuring a level and commitment to correct Science to provide a simulated environment filled with prehistoric animals that will be as close as you can get to the real thing. Take control of your chosen animal, or sit back and watch it unfold fight, survive and learn along with us.. As we learn what it must have been like to be a dinosaur in the mesozoic. This game has been funded but I do not know the release date of it.

Check out their official websites and facebook to see what you think of these games!

Prehistoric Kingdom: Prehistoric Kingdom
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/prehistorickingdom/?fref=nf

Saurian: Saurian
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sauriangame/?fref=nf

Mesozoica: http://www.playmesozoica.com/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mesozoicagame/?fref=nf

Dinosaur Battlegrounds: Dinosaur Battlegrounds
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dinosaurbattlegrounds/?fref=nf

3. TheMightyOrca

TheMightyOrca Well-Known Member 10+ year member

4. Swampy

Swampy Well-Known Member 10+ year member

5. African Grey

Yeah the Saurian team is full of wonderful people! I talk to them almost everyday. I have been following Saurian for 2 years and its wonderful to see them finally have a kick starter. I really look forward to Saurian and Prehistoric Kingdom. Saurian and Prehistoric Kingdom are good friends to each other.

6. TheMightyOrca

The screenshots and footage look great, too! I'm definitely gonna play the Dakotaraptor first. And I especially hope they reach the "new playable dinosaurs" tier.

Side note, I should check out Prehistoric Kingdom. I was disappointed to learn that Mesozoica had a lot of issues (and not just regarding accuracy) so I'm happy to hear there's a better alternative.

7. TheMightyOrca

Less than two days in and Saurian is fully funded! Yaaaay! I wonder which stretch goals will be met?

8. African Grey

I really hope all of them are met! Also yeah Mesozoica has done some stuff that is not okay at all. Also Dinosaur Battlegrounds has not really been that active. However Prehistoric Kingdom and Saurian have been active.

9. TheMightyOrca

Two of the stretch goals have been funded, (genetic variant skins and spectator mode) and the next goal (CUSTOMIZABLE DINOS) is only $1,500 away. The Saurian Facebook page confirmed speculation that some of the genetic variants may alter gameplay, such albinism providing some extra challenge.

10. TheMightyOrca

Customization goal reached! I wonder what kinds of options there will be?

Next stretch goal is dynamic environment events. That will certainly make gameplay more exciting!

11. TheMightyOrca

They added some new stretch goals. At $300k, they will add the Two Medicine Formation, a new map with a new ecosystem and new dinosaurs.

The campaign has hit $110k, double its goal. It has met the stretch goals for dynamic wildlife events and post impact survival. The latter is a new map of Hell Creek after the asteroid strikes, essentially being a "post-apocalyptic" version of the game where survival is much more difficult.

Next stretch goal is new playable dinosaurs at $130k. If the goal is reached, backers will be given a selection of Hell Creek dinosaurs, where they can vote on two to be new playable dinosaurs. The stretch goal after that, $155k, unlocks multiplayer, and it's the one I'm really hoping for. It would be cool to play with other people and come up with new ways to play the game. I wanna form a raptor pack! And do like a "six man band" kind of thing where each player is a different dino but we all work together. I'm pretty confident that the campaign will reach multiplayer, I'll be pretty happy if we get it.

12. Swampy

Swampy Well-Known Member 10+ year member

The dinosaurs they've listed for the Two Medicine Formation are interesting: Is Styracosaurus actually found in Two Medicine?

As great as multiplayer would be (and hopefully will be!), I don't see everyone going for the unified pack-hunting approach- it will probably end up turning into a deathmatch :D :p

13. TheMightyOrca

Oh, yeah, a lot of players are definitely gonna take the competitive route! I know I'm gonna do some death matches.

14. TheMightyOrca

$130k reached, new playable dinosaurs unlocked. At the end of the campaign, backers will get to vote for two new Hell Creek dinosaurs to get promoted to playable. Three confirmed options are Ankylosaurus, Anatosaurus, and Anzu, with more to be revealed.

15. TheMightyOrca

Kickstarter has ended, game reached $220,709, reaching the Oculus Rift support goal. The developers hope that the virtual reality version can be used alongside museum exhibits. The base game is expected to release in Jan. 2017, with the stretch goal stuff released later. A survey will be sent to the backers soon to vote for the two new playable dinos.

16. African Grey

Well it has been one year since I last posted something on this thread and a lot has happened with two of the games I have mentioned.

Saurian is now available on Early Acess on steam and will take about 1-2 years before the game is fully implemented. Saurian on Steam

Prehistoric Kingdom has released a new demo on steam and is going to launch a kickstarter soon. Prehistoric Kingdom on Steam

As for the other games:
    Dinosaur battlegrounds appears to have been abandoned. Mesozoica on the other hand has been delayed a number of times due to people leaving/fired. I'm really not a fan of Mesozoica due a number of things they have done in the past...

Swampy likes this.
  17. TheMightyOrca

I tried out Saurian. It's pretty cool so far, but unless you're really obsessed with dinosaurs you'll probably want to wait for more content and better performance before you buy. It's difficult, but fun, and realistic while still enjoyable.

18. Komodo99

Komodo99 Well-Known Member

Not sure if anyone has heard of this,but

Scheduled for release in 2018,Jurassic World Evolution is a park building simulator similar to Jurassic Park Operation Genesis but with Jurassic World animals.Plus you will be able to bio-engineer your dinosaurs,so you could create your own hybrids possibly.