Join our zoo community
okapikpr

1966 Museum Map

1966 Museum Map
okapikpr, 1 May 2009
    • snowleopard
      I've seen photos of this zoo when it had a long row of outdated wire cages (acceptable at the time), and I see that along the right hand side of the map is where they were located. How times have changed!:)
    • Arizona Docent
      I can't believe you have a map that old - way cool! The bird roundhouses, just left of center, were the last of the old exhibits to be demolished (within the last two years). Unfortunately, they are not being replaced with animals, but are just barren ground. Originally there was a sign saying "future ethnobotany garden" but I'm not sure if that's still there.

Also interesting to see they had pronghorn antelope back then.
    • ungulate nerd
      From what I read in the International Zoo Yearbooks, the Pronghorn subspecies they had at Arizona Sonora Desert Museum were Sonoran pronghorn (Antilocapra americana sonoriensis), now there are no Sonoran pronghorn (Antilocapra americana sonoriensis) in captivity

Also knowing that you love cats, you must really miss the Jaguarundis, Margays, and Jaguars, I also think they would neat to have back at Arizona Sonora Desert Museum!
    • DavidBrown
      Does anybody know what the "chulo town" was? It was next to the prairie dogs, whatever it was.
    • reduakari
      I'm pretty sure it was a coatimundi exhibit.
    • DavidBrown
      Thanks, reduakari. I did a Google search and "chulo" does pop up as a synonym for coati, so that seems right on.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
    Uploaded By:
    okapikpr
    Date:
    1 May 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    369.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1162px
    Make:
    HP
    Model:
    HP psc1400
    Date / Time:
    2009:05:01 01:30: 3

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).