Join our zoo community
Joker1706

African Manatee or Lamantin

Strange photo with an aquatic mammal lying on land, isn´t it ?

African Manatee or Lamantin
Joker1706, 16 Sep 2010
TheoV, Nix and Daubentoniidae like this.
    • Joker1706
      Strange photo with an aquatic mammal lying on land, isn´t it ?
    • Maguari
      Bizarre shot - thanks for uploading. I can only imagine they went in and lifted the manatee onto land for the photo!
    • john
      Or is it after passing away?
    • Fossa dude
      Does anyone know of other African Manatees in zoos.
    • Chlidonias
      what year is this photo from? Antwerp appears to have kept several African manatees in its history
    • Fossa dude
      @Chlidonias - Thanxs. Do you know if they are as easily kept as west indian. Or are they rare in zoos because of where they live.
    • Sun Wukong
      First of all, @Fossa dude, manatees, no matter what species, are not "easily kept". Secondly, by simply using the search function, you would have immediately found out on your own that the Toba Aquarium, a Chinese zoo and (maybe still) a Taiwanese aquarium keep West African manatees.

A short search on zootierliste would have also revealed to you that African manatees have been kept in Antwerp, Rotterdam and London in the past...
    • Fossa dude
      Sorry Sun Wukong. Sometimes forget your directions. Thank you for the answers. I do check zootierliste and ISIS but a lot of the time there not up to date. ISIS still has Mishmi Takin listen at Denver Zoo when really Denver got rid of them months ago. I'm very sorry for asking these kinds of questions but I find it a lot more memorable if a real person can tell me.

Fossa dude
    • Shirokuma
      I don't think you should appologise Fossa dude, it's totally reasonable to ask questions like that given the broad knowledge and experience of people on this site and the known limitations of the zoo listings websites.
    • Fossa dude
      Thank you very much for that Shirokuma. Thanxs for wording my sentence up a bit. :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    ZOO Antwerpen
    Uploaded By:
    Joker1706
    Date:
    16 Sep 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    17.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    400px
    Height:
    233px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).