American White Pelican

Around about 2002.

American White Pelican
Paradoxurus, 21 Aug 2013
UngulateNerd92 likes this.
    • Paradoxurus
      Around about 2002.
    • vogelcommando
      Very rare in European collections ! At the moment only 2 collections have them : Tierpark Belin - which bred them during 2012 - and Blackbrook Zoo which seems to have a single bird.
    • Shirokuma
    • vogelcommando
      Does like like one !
    • zoogiraffe
      Blackbrooks has long gone!
    • Jana
      Is there an exact year and a source available? (so that it can be changed in zootierliste)
    • zoogiraffe
      Well the source is me chatting with the staff and owner,this year but as for what the year it died I don't know,but I have not seen it for atleast 2 years,I really need to sit down and try and up date ztl as I know that Blackbrook is very wrong and out of date,although the Waterfowl is still pretty much correct!
    • IanRRobinson
      Could a North American poster advise us how often American White Pelican is on display in US/Canadian zoos?
    • Jana
      American White Pelicans seem to be relatively commonly kept species in US zoos. They are, however, not recommended to be captive bred. Wild populations seem to be stable and donĀ“t need any support in form of captive breeding program. And there are many handicaped birds available in several animal rescue centers for zoos that are interested to keep them. It is also possible for european zoos to import such handicaps from US, just the paperwork takes quite long time.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Hillside Bird Garden
    Uploaded By:
    Paradoxurus
    Date:
    21 Aug 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    202.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1082px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).