Join our zoo community
mhale

Andean (Spectacled) Bears at Jersey Zoo, 7 August 2003

Andean (Spectacled) Bears at Jersey Zoo, 7 August 2003
    • foz
      looks a really nice exhibit, how big is it (roughly)?
    • mhale
      I'm sorry, I can't remember. Maybe someone else on a forum has been there more recently? :(
    • foz
      no problem just though interested, love to go there myself
    • mhale
      It is a great zoo and well worth a visit.
    • snowleopard
      A lot of people really admire the Durrell Zoo, or whatever it's currently being called. However, rather sadly due to its small size and location not too many visitors make their way over for a tour. Only 169,000 people visited in 2007.
    • mhale
      Yes, it is a shame that the visitor numbers aren't higher. I have been on holiday on the island each time I have visited the zoo, but would not probably have visited otherwise.
    • redpanda
      Great shot! When I went last year, the bears were shut inside which was a shame because I would have liked to have seen them in the outdoor habitat which is really nice.
    • mhale
      I was really lucky to see the bears roaming around their enclosure. They had plenty of room and seemed quite active.
    • Pertinax
      Do you know when they last bred Spectacled Bears at Jersey?
    • Pertinax
      Jersey's island location has been a problem for the Zoo visitor wise. It is an expensive place to get too- not a frequent family destination.

As a result, the sorts of people who mostly visit Jersey Zoo create quite a different atmosphere from the average zoogoers- no litter, no shouting, crying children and crowds- just tranquility and calm- more like a superior country club....
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust
    Uploaded By:
    mhale
    Date:
    10 Jan 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    128.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    640px
    Height:
    480px
    Aperture:
    f/4.6
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix A202
    Date / Time:
    2003:07:31 12:24:09
    Exposure Time:
    10/600 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    5.5 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).