Join our zoo community
KevinB

Anemone fish, flame angel and tang aquarium, 2019-10-05

Anemone fish, flame angel and tang aquarium, 2019-10-05
KevinB, 29 Oct 2019
DelacoursLangur likes this.
    • Great Argus
      And not just any tang, Zebrasoma gemmatum!
      KevinB likes this.
    • KevinB
      @Great Argus Which according to Zootierliste is only kept at Duisburg and Pairi Daiza. Cool, thank you for the information. I didn't actually notice because I'm not that knowledgeable about marine fish and because the signage was very poor in the aquarium.
      Great Argus likes this.
    • Great Argus
      Z. gemmatum has only recently started becoming somewhat available, and still commands a hefty price, so it's not surprising only a few places have it.
      I also note Z. xanthurum a little below the gemmatum.
      KevinB likes this.
    • DelacoursLangur
      @Great Argus I assume you are talking about the European market, gemmatum have been pretty commonly available in the US for at least the last decade for those with a couple grand ready to burn.
    • Great Argus
      No, I was referring to both Europe and US. Gems have been around a while yes, but within the last year or two I've noticed a strong surge in the number of specimens becoming available, and the price is slowly starting to drop now. They are becoming more of a "rare but regular" fish rather than a rare prize.
    • DelacoursLangur
      @Great Argus Oh damn your right, I stopped watching the saltwater reef market a few years ago I had no idea.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pairi Daiza
    Uploaded By:
    KevinB
    Date:
    29 Oct 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2.5 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1440px
    Height:
    1080px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    OLYMPUS CORPORATION
    Model:
    E-M10 Mark III
    Date / Time:
    2019:10:05 10:53:25
    Exposure Time:
    1/80 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 640
    Focal Length:
    14 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).