Join our zoo community
devilfish

Animais exoticos - Skunk enclosure, November 2013.

Photo taken on the 14th November 2013.

Animais exoticos - Skunk enclosure, November 2013.
devilfish, 25 Nov 2013
    • devilfish
      Photo taken on the 14th November 2013.
    • PAT
      How permanent is this display? And what is it's purpose? It looks like an art exhibition that has incorporated animals into the work.

P.S. I'm trying not to judge these enclosures too much until I know the full story.
    • devilfish
      It's running from September through until the start of January. It's just another temporary exhibition in the exhibition space of the Portugal Pavilion on the site of Expo '98 (Parque das Nacoes). Website link: EXPO Animais Exóticos | UAU

I don't know if there's much of a purpose other than to bring in visitors. As I mentioned in the 'Devilfish in Portugal' thread, all animals on display belong to a pet company called 'Alves Pets'.
    • PAT
      Thanks for the info. Hopefully the animals are taken out for stimulation (preferably daily) and don't have to spend 5 months like this.
    • devilfish
      That's actually why the cluster of people on the right are ruining my photo - one of the skunks has been taken out for interaction with the public. The skunks are all quite fat though, and the staff's justification was that they don't get the exercise they need. Refreshingly honest, but not very helpful if nothing gets done about it.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Portugal - Other
    Uploaded By:
    devilfish
    Date:
    25 Nov 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    249.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.3
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-TZ20
    Date / Time:
    2013:11:14 15:44:53
    Exposure Time:
    10/1000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 800
    Focal Length:
    4.3 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).