Join our zoo community
Toddy

Apenheul - Gorilla feeding

The gorilla family in their massive outdoor exhibit during a feeding session in Apenheul, the Netherlands. This is only a small part of the exhibit. Here you can see some patas monkeys comming to join in. July 2008

Apenheul - Gorilla feeding
Toddy, 30 Nov 2008
    • Toddy
      The gorilla family in their massive outdoor exhibit during a feeding session in Apenheul, the Netherlands. This is only a small part of the exhibit. Here you can see some patas monkeys comming to join in.
      July 2008
    • Meaghan Edwards
      Great looking exhibit!
    • Zooplantman
      Look great!
      You can see several areas of plantings protected with hot wire fence.
    • Toddy
      And a rough estimate would be that this picture shows about 2-5 % of the total size of a well planted exhibit :)
    • joshgrossglaza
      do the gorillas and monkeys get along with each other
    • Baldur
      Gorillas are easy going. If anything was to start, it would probably rather be due to the Patas Monkeys, but I think they're not the most bold and gutsy of all monkeys. I think Colobus monkeys are more gutsy, and I think it cost one of them his life when they were kept with Gorillas at Howletts some years ago (possibly still are?)

Even so, the exhibit is big enough for the two species to avoid each other totally if need be.
    • Toddy
      The outdoor exhibit is easily big enough for one or two more guenon or small monkey species to be added, such as DeBrazza's monkey, diana monkey, colobus monkey, etc.
    • joshgrossglaza
      so I'm guessing that means the monkeys and gorillas are housed together?
    • Toddy
      Why not read the posts above? As stated in the first post the gorillas and patas monkys share this enormous exhibit and you can even see both species together in this photo
    • GorillaBoy
      How many gorillas are in this group and how old is the breeding silverback male ?

GB
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Apenheul Primate Park
    Uploaded By:
    Toddy
    Date:
    30 Nov 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    416.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1154px
    Height:
    865px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
    Model:
    E-510
    Date / Time:
    2008:07:15 16:27:55
    Exposure Time:
    1/80 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    42 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).