Join our zoo community
Toddy

Apenheul - Orangutan indoor exhibit

One of the four indoor exhibits for bornean orangutans. Decent indoor exhibits but not wildly interesting. All four exhibits look a lot like this in size and content. July 2008

Apenheul - Orangutan indoor exhibit
Toddy, 30 Nov 2008
    • Toddy
      One of the four indoor exhibits for bornean orangutans. Decent indoor exhibits but not wildly interesting. All four exhibits look a lot like this in size and content.
      July 2008
    • Dan
      No attempts at naturalistic appearance, for sure, but is that reasonable to expect or demand in indoor enclosures? My guess is that these indoor enclosures work very well for the apes? Lots of elevation, lots of structures to climb!
    • Toddy
      I would call these good indoor exhibits for orangutans. I have certainly seen much worse. They should be a little bigger and could do with some more natural light, possibly through a glass roof or something, but otherwise good.
    • Elly
      Please note that one of the problems that Apenheul faces is building regulations. They are only allowed to build enclusures on a very limited amount of land. So don't expect big indoor enclosures.
    • Toddy
      The indoor exhibits are generally Apenhuel's weak points. Their outdoor enclosures are outstanding:)
    • Pertinax
      I thought these enclosures were very good equipment-wise when i went there but they did seem very dark, probably because its a tall building with few windows. I can accept the size restrictions as there's not a lot they can do about that.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Apenheul Primate Park
    Uploaded By:
    Toddy
    Date:
    30 Nov 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    330 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1154px
    Height:
    865px
    Aperture:
    f/3.5
    Make:
    OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
    Model:
    E-510
    Date / Time:
    2008:07:15 12:28:49
    Exposure Time:
    1/8 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    14 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).