Join our zoo community
blospz

Arctic Edge Sign

With money in place, perhaps the opening will switch back to summer 2015 again.

Arctic Edge Sign
blospz, 2 Jan 2014
    • blospz
      With money in place, perhaps the opening will switch back to summer 2015 again.
    • snowleopard
      @blospz: Thanks for posting some great photos from Buffalo Zoo, your old hometown facility! I read online that the Arctic Edge complex is going to cost a whopping $18 million, but does that total also include the brand-new entrance complex? Also, is there going to only be the two polar bears when this thing opens?
    • Zooplantman
      http://www.cfgb.org/files/greenway-uploads/2012-funding-apps/buffalo-zoo-2013_final_application.pdf
    • blospz
      Luna will be a definite polar bear when the zoo opens. Kali is at the zoo until 2015 so it's up in the air if he will stay or perhaps move on to another zoo. Anana, now at Brookfield, will return. But I think that also depends if she has a cub earlier that year and the well being for them and the move. I heard Nanuq, the male polar bear, will stay at Columbus due to his age. A nice place for him to retire. The zoo would like to take in orphan cubs in the future, but we'll see if that actually happens. With all these polar bear exhibits opening, I am shocked to hear Henry Vilas still plans to design a new polar bear exhibit. I feel none will be available upon completion.
    • DavidBrown
      With a new elephant exhibit off the table and a modern polar bear exhibit completed, what will be the next major project at Buffalo Zoo? Is a modern gorilla exhibit at the top of the exhibit to-do list?
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Buffalo Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    blospz
    Date:
    2 Jan 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    279 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-FZ40
    Date / Time:
    2013:10:18 10:22:43
    Exposure Time:
    10/1000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 80
    Focal Length:
    4.5 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).