snowleopard

Asian Elephant Exhibit

March 17th, 2011.

Asian Elephant Exhibit
snowleopard, 19 Mar 2011
    • snowleopard
      March 17th, 2011.
    • DavidBrown
      Do you know if there are still plans to build a new elephant exhibit complex at the Oregon Zoo? I thought that I read they had passed a bond initiative that included building a new exhibit complex for their famous elephant program.
    • JaxElephant
      I pretty sure they are making a new exhibit and separate facility for Asian Elephants but I don't know if that is what is next on list for the Oregon Zoo. I think the chimpanzee exhibit is the next but not sure.
    • reduakari
      Check this out:

Metro: Asian elephants
    • DavidBrown
      Thanks for the link. This definitely answers my question. Glad to see that they are finally going to build a facility worthy of their reputation (hopefully).
    • snowleopard
      Oregon Zoo is an establishment that has opened a number of new exhibits in the past decade, and I've visited 5 times in the past 6 years and on every visit there has been a new enclosure or a new exhibit complex! With a guaranteed $125 million to spend and a proposed 6-acre Asian elephant exhibit then I have faith that the elephants will finally get what has been long overdue. The future is bright for what is already a very solid zoo.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Oregon Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    19 Mar 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    421.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.4
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-ZS5
    Date / Time:
    2011:03:17 13:48:07
    Exposure Time:
    10/1600 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    4.7 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).