Join our zoo community
snowleopard

Asian Forest Sanctuary - which of these 8 species will be in each enclosure today?

March 29th, 2018. A rotational set of enclosures at the zoo.

Asian Forest Sanctuary - which of these 8 species will be in each enclosure today?
snowleopard, 30 Mar 2018
dublinlion likes this.
    • dublinlion
      Nice species.
    • StoppableSan
      @snowleopard I didn't know hornbills were in the mix! How do you reckon they are shifted from enclosure to enclosure?
    • snowleopard
      @Wyman There are several chutes and tunnels off-view where the animals can transition from exhibit to exhibit. I'm a huge fan of the system, although of course not all of the enclosures are ideal for each species. It's intriguing that both Louisville and Point Defiance adopted a rotational exhibit system and yet that style of exhibitry never caught on in other major American zoos. Also, the hornbills were recent additions and I can't recall if they are mixed with other animals. For sure I've seen tapirs with gibbons, or anoas with otters/gibbons, etc., and one never knows what to expect!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    30 Mar 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    162 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    640px
    Height:
    480px
    Aperture:
    f/2.2
    Make:
    Apple
    Model:
    iPhone 6s
    Date / Time:
    2018:03:29 10:02:10
    Exposure Time:
    1/140 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 25
    Focal Length:
    4.15 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).