Join our zoo community
ro6ca66

Aye-aye (exhibit) : Bristol : 19 Oct 2015

Aye-aye (exhibit) : Bristol : 19 Oct 2015
ro6ca66, 21 Oct 2015
    • ro6ca66
      Photographed during the dark period. Photo shows part of the two linked aye-aye exhibits in Twilight World.

Unfortunately, although I'd travelled down specifically to catch the early-morning lights-on period, the entire Twilight World was closed all morning (unknown reason); so I ended up having to take these photos in near-darkness later in the day (night).

If you squint, you may just about be able to make out one of the aye-ayes in the left enclosure (in branches about halfway between the round illuminated signage and nest-box).
    • gentle lemur
      Funnily enough I was considering a visit to Bristol on the 19th, but another ZooChatter happened to mention in a PM that the Gorilla House was closed (while the newly arrived female was settling in) and I ended up at Dudley instead. So I'm pleased that I missed the delayed opening of the Twilight World :) but disappointed that I missed the chance of bumping into you :(

Alan
    • ro6ca66
      Yes, I knew beforehand that the Gorilla House was likely to be closed (and indeed was, although I did see most of them outdoors later in the day); sorry that our paths didn't cross on this occasion!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Bristol Zoo (Closed)
    Uploaded By:
    ro6ca66
    Date:
    21 Oct 2015
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    261.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1067px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 5D Mark III
    Date / Time:
    2015:10:19 16:38:11
    Exposure Time:
    1/4 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 16000
    Focal Length:
    17 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).