Join our zoo community
FunkyGibbon

Beluga Pool

Beluga Pool
FunkyGibbon, 23 Oct 2019
    • TZDugong
      What were your thoughts on this aquarium? They seem to have a lot of really cool species but in mostly bad exhibits.
    • FunkyGibbon
      I think 'mostly bad exhibits' is not accurate, although I can see why you would form that impression from my uploads. This beluga pool, for example, represents a quarter of the total space available to the pod. Certainly there are some shocking enclosures, many mediocre ones, a lot of adequate-to-good stuff and then some really good exhibits as well.

The ocean park as a whole avoids doing some of the things that make many of its counterparts (commercial zoos in China) worse, like actually selling animals as toys or keeping polar bears in glorified fridges. It also has, as you allude to, a more unusual collection. For this reason, as well as its location in a well-visited tourist destination city near Shanghai, it is a good option for zoo nerds who travel to China, but they shouldn't expect to be totally comfortable with what they see.
      Brum and TZDugong like this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Hangzhou Polar Ocean World
    Uploaded By:
    FunkyGibbon
    Date:
    23 Oct 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2.1 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4000px
    Height:
    3000px
    Aperture:
    f/2.0
    Make:
    Xiaomi
    Model:
    MI 5s
    Date / Time:
    2018:09:30 15:52:26
    Exposure Time:
    1/50 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 800
    Focal Length:
    4.73 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).