Join our zoo community
TeaLovingDave

"Bobby" the Western Lowland Gorilla (Gorilla gorilla gorilla) at

The first Western Lowland Gorilla displayed at Zoo Berlin, the remains of Bobby have been preserved to a very high level of accuracy to the life-appearance of the individual. As such, he is one of the centrepieces of the "Highlights of Preparation" exhibition.

"Bobby" the Western Lowland Gorilla (Gorilla gorilla gorilla) at
TeaLovingDave, 9 Dec 2015
UngulateNerd92 likes this.
    • TeaLovingDave
      The first Western Lowland Gorilla displayed at Zoo Berlin, the remains of Bobby have been preserved to a very high level of accuracy to the life-appearance of the individual. As such, he is one of the centrepieces of the "Highlights of Preparation" exhibition.
    • Pertinax
      Thanks for putting up your Berlin museum photos- very interesting.:)
    • DavidBrown
      Do you know what year they got their first gorilla was? I realize that I have no idea how long gorillas have been in captivity.
    • TeaLovingDave
      He arrived at Berlin in 1928 at the approximate age of 2 years old, having been obtained from an animal dealer, and died in 1935 from actute appendicitis.

I believe that at the time he set the lifespan record for gorilla in captivity, but never actually reached true maturity due to endocrine abnormalities.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Museum für Naturkunde
    Uploaded By:
    TeaLovingDave
    Date:
    9 Dec 2015
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    153.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.1
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix S6800
    Date / Time:
    2014:04:09 11:21:06
    Exposure Time:
    10/450 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    4.3 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).