Maguari

Brindled Gnu at West Mids Nov 08

Superb animals.

Brindled Gnu at West Mids Nov 08
Maguari, 30 Nov 2008
    • Maguari
      Superb animals.
    • Pertinax
      When I went they had six and they didn't try to approach the cars- in fact they seemed quite skittish, not like this.
    • adrian1963
      When we went Tuesday they were very close to the cars and coaches and did not seem to mind the noise or the movement of the vehicles
      Beautiful looking animals
      I always think of these as Wilderbeast are they the same
    • Maguari
      I've posted this before but I (for no particular reason) tend to refer to Connochaetes generally as 'wildebeest', but if I'm referring to one or other species in particular they're Brindled Gnu and White-tailed Gnu. No real logic there, but it's how I roll! :D
    • adrian1963
      Many thanks for taking the time to explain
    • johnstoni
      Is there a reason for the type of fencing in the background? It makes many shots of the animals at WMSP appear as if taken outside a music festival. Why is mesh/high tensile wire fencing not appropriate?
    • Pertinax
      The fencing at WMSP is generally very intrusive/ugly, particularly in the Carnivore drive-through areas-whereas at e.g. Woburn you hardly notice it at all. Part of the problem is the carnivore drivethroughs at WMSP seem to be on an exposed ridge so the fencing is even more obvious. I also noticed that what looks like perimeter fencing in the hoofedstock areas is old post/chainlink fencing-see the shot of Barasingha/Blackbuck/Axis below in this gallery- this scruffy fencing is in the background. I wondered if it was already there previous to the Safari Park.
    • slendercat
      why did they get rid of these last year
    • bongorob
      This was my favourite animal until I discovered bongos.
    • Pertinax
      where did they go?
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    West Midland Safari and Leisure Park
    Uploaded By:
    Maguari
    Date:
    30 Nov 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    207.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.1
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix S7000
    Date / Time:
    2008:11:29 10:38:19
    Exposure Time:
    10/1200 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    29 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).