Burgers Ocean

Illusion. September 2009

Burgers Ocean
Orycteropus, 17 Apr 2010
    • Orycteropus
      Illusion.

September 2009
    • Arizona Docent
      It is hard to tell from this photo, because the background on top is so bright. Is that a painted mural or is it actually a window to the real ocean? (If it is the latter, that is an awesome design, although even if not it is still cool).
    • Maguari
      I'm afraid it's not the real ocean - Arnhem's quite a way from the sea. The whole Burgers Ocean building is pretty spectacular though - probably my second favourite zoo-based Aquarium (after Rotterdam, which is a slightly cheating aquarium as it has a fair amount of non-aquatic stuff too!).
    • Jabiru96
      That looks pretty cool, clever of them to make it look like that
    • Gigit
      I agree that the whole Ocean exhibit is stunning. I would never have thought I'd spend as long looking at fish and corals as I did there.
    • Maguari
      I just realised I'm due to be at Burgers Zoo again in exactly a month from today.

This has cheered me up!
    • Johnny
      Burgers ocean is absolutely my favourite! The illusion they create is on a much higher level then the rotterdam oceanium. The rotterdam oceanium has the advantage of showing mammals and seabirds as well, but the aquariums cannot live up to the level displayed in arnhem.
    • Dagobert
      On this one I agree with Johnny. If one takes only the aquarium parts of both (Rotterdam and Arnhem), Arnhem's is far more superior in creating a underwater/ocean immersion.
    • Maguari
      I agree with this part - but Rotterdam's is still my favourite. Immersion isn't the main issue for me. Arnhem's is remarkably effective though, and I don't mean to do it down at all as it's a fantastic display. It's a close second.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Burgers' Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Orycteropus
    Date:
    17 Apr 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count: