Join our zoo community
Javan Rhino

Bush Dog feed

I know there are hundreds of photographs of the animals at Chester already, however I wanted to share some of my good ones from today and would be grateful for any feedback :).

Bush Dog feed
Javan Rhino, 1 Aug 2010
    • Javan Rhino
      I know there are hundreds of photographs of the animals at Chester already, however I wanted to share some of my good ones from today and would be grateful for any feedback :).
    • DavidBrown
      This is a great photo. I have never visited a zoo with bush dogs and seeing them somewhere is one of my high zoo priorities. If I ever get to go on a UK zoo tour this zoo will be on the itinerary.
    • Javan Rhino
      I would definately say it's the UK's best zoo, but maybe that's biased on my part :p

I find the continental divide of what species are relatively common to be fascinating. For example, I think that whilst bush dogs aren't as common as some other species, they're certainly about in not bad numbers, whereas there are species in the US I'd love to see and feel envious that they're relatively common over there. Always amazes me that Americans view vicuna and Brazilian tapir as rare species in captivity, yet Baird's tapir over there seem to be relatively common. Malayan tiger is another that is more common in the states, but I don't think Sumatran or Siberian are rare over there?

If you find yourself at Chester any point in the future let me know and we can possibly arrange a meet-up - I always find it helpful going around a new collection with somebody that knows the collection quite well :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Chester Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Javan Rhino
    Date:
    1 Aug 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count: