Newzooboy

Canadian River Otter and Canadian Beaver Enclosures - Nov 2012

Americas Pavilion

Canadian River Otter and Canadian Beaver Enclosures - Nov 2012
Newzooboy, 9 Dec 2012
    • Newzooboy
      Americas Pavilion
    • arcticwolf
      In the future, the Americas pavilion will be turned into a tropical Americas exhibit, and these two exhibits might be combined and turned into a jaguar exhibit.
    • Animal
      Why do they need a new jaguar-exhibit? The recent one is pretty nice!
    • GorillaFan15
      I think the jaguar exhibit was built back in the 1980's (am I right ?)
    • DavidBrown
      Are they going to stop displaying North American animals? Is this exhibit considered defective?
    • arcticwolf
      The zoo is going to be creating a new Canadian Wilderness exhibit, so many of the North American species like beavers and otters will be moved there.

The zoo's current jaguar exhibit is fairly nice, but it is still pretty small, and viewing for the exhibit is through either a thick black fence or glass viewing windows with a lot of glare. I think they could use a new exhibit.

The Tropical Americas area won't be opening for a while still, so we don't have to worry about it now.
    • arcticwolf
      I don't know what exhibits you're thinking of. The only ones that I think really need to be fixed are the giraffe barn (this problem will be fixed later this year), tapir, and spotted necked otters. Even the orangutan/gibbon exhibits which are often complained about are fairly good. The only problem with them is that the animals don't have outdoor access.
    • TZFan
      The possible conversion to South America does pose some interesting questions about this exhibit. What to do with it when the otters and beavers move to the future Canadian Wilderness? I'd hate to see anything moved from the Mayan temple which I think needs to be expanded on. Maybe put a roof on it and open it up to a new indoor exhibit for something on the larger side. Maybe ocelots, oooh no, no no. I have it give me giant otters! Its got filtration. Combine the exhibits, its big. With a roof its warm in winter. Could work.

Probably have another 10 or more years to dream and redream what they could do a million times.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Toronto Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Newzooboy
    Date:
    9 Dec 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    321.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1280px
    Height:
    960px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix2800ZOOM
    Date / Time:
    2001:01:01 00:00:35
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    6 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).