Join our zoo community
BillyT

casson inside/outside

casson inside/outside
BillyT, 28 Oct 2010
    • gentle lemur
      I propose a ZooChat petition to the Dept of Culture, Media & Sport and the ZSL to delist, decommission and demolish the Casson building.
      It's a waste of space in every sense of the phrase.

Alan
    • BillyT
      dont think you will get many signing we love it, dont we????
      or am i on my own on this one, ha
    • BillyT
      it homes a few small mammals quiet well now aswell...striped skunks, polecats ferrets etc..
    • FBBird
      It was never any use for the original purpose, & is a waste of space now. London Zoo is a bit disappointing for those of us with long memories. On my last visit I couldn't find a goose or a crane anywhere, and they used to display these rather well on the North Bank. Nobody wants a return to a postage stamp collection, but the term 'zoo with no animals' has been used.......
    • Maguari
      It's architecturally fascinating. Just needs a bit more imagination to be used inside rather than just sticking some wire cages in the edges.
    • BillyT
      yes but them memories you talk about, arnt they the days of unfit enclosures, cramped cells and all the other zoo horrors people talk of, yet when they lose some species everyone is up in arms about it, they havent gained any more land space and doubt they ever will,choices have to be made like the comfort of the animals or the amount of species available to the public. they seem to be focusing on conservation as i understand, and are doing a bloody good job on it.
    • BillyT
      if u want to see a goose go to the farm!
    • Maguari
      I don't think FBBird was thinking of domestic geese, but more the area of Hawai'ian, Red-fronted, Barnacle, Pink-footed, Bean etc. Plenty of wild geese (including some very rare ones!). :)

Take a look at the Blackbrook gallery - plenty in there.
    • BillyT
      yes i was just being funny! he peed me off abit :D but having said that out of the 5 geese u mention i can see 3 maybe 4 of them in london parks and along the thames!
    • Zambar
      Now that it seems to be planned to mix with the new tiger enclosure (malayan tapirs in the camel yard etc), I thought it'd be great if they set up some 'mini clore rainforests' in the animal houses where the light shines through; the height in those would be great for free-flying birds and livingstone's flying foxes. :cool:
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    ZSL London Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    BillyT
    Date:
    28 Oct 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count: