Aug. 5th, 2014.

Cat Complex - Desert Bengal Tiger Exhibit
snowleopard, 9 Sep 2014
    • snowleopard
      Aug. 5th, 2014.
    • tschandler71
      What is a desert Bengal Tiger?
    • snowleopard
      It is a zoo nerd being sarcastic.:) The tiger and lion exhibits at this zoo each feature 3 rocks, a tiny pool and nothing else but sand and a ring of cement. Considering that the enclosures were built last year the quality is disappointing.
    • tschandler71
      You sure it isn't one zoo nerd teacher not realizing when another zoo nerd teacher is being sarcastic as well? Haha

But you are right I've seen better enclosures at non-profit Sanctuaries with absolutely no budgets.
    • Malayan Tiger
      At least it has space unlike that duiker exhibit... I will never get over how horrible that one is...
    • Bib Fortuna
      As you can see, the tiger has a lot of hiding places, where's the tiger ?
    • Chlidonias
      it might be one of those Ambush Desert Bengal Tigers. They hide under the sand and spring out onto unsuspecting prey.
    • Nanook
      Or perhaps it is the very rare "pygmy ambush desert bengal tiger" - it just hides behind that tiny little rock - until a desert locust appears !!?
    • Bib Fortuna
      You're both wrong-they keep the extremly rare invisible tigers....
    • snowleopard
      This comment made me laugh as the photo shows 80% of the enclosure and there is not a tiger anywhere! However, there were 2 tigers in the exhibit (one orange and one almost entirely white with hardly any stripes) both sleeping on the cement edge.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Timbavati Wildlife Park
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    9 Sep 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    332.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.3
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-ZS5
    Date / Time:
    2014:08:05 08:29:43
    Exposure Time:
    10/5000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 125
    Focal Length:
    4.1 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).