snowleopard

Chacoan Peccary Exhibit

July 18th, 2012.

Chacoan Peccary Exhibit
snowleopard, 29 Aug 2012
    • snowleopard
      July 18th, 2012.
    • snowleopard
      With work being done on a nearby Pampas complex, will this Chacoan peccary exhibit be renovated or is it being left untouched?
    • BeardsleyZooFan
      I talked to zookeepers about it, and they said that it is currently undecided whether the peccaries will get a new exhibit or not. The peccaries are going to be part of Pampas Plains, along with Maned Wolves, Greater Rheas, Giant Anteaters. I messaged the zoo on Facebook, and they said that they are not ready to release any public info yet besides this; Diageo Donates $30K & 800 Volunteer Hours to Connecticut's Beardsley Zoo | Connecticut's Beardsley Zoo
      Hopefully the peccaries will get more space, as they brought in a new female so they are definately on their way to becoming a breeding group after the birth of the first Chacoan Peccary piglet in the Northeast who is about 1 year old now.
    • BeardsleyZooFan
    • ThylacineAlive
      I thought we weren't 100% sure those were the peccaries? And if they are, is their current exhibit still going to be part of Pampas Plains and what will be there?

~Thylo:cool:
    • BeardsleyZooFan
      I have no idea what will happen to the current exhibit, but I think it's safe to assume that those are the peccaries. For those that don't know, I mentioned on the Beardsley Zoo news thread that I was unsure whether those gray objects that were near the anteater were peccaries or rocks, but looking at the image in larger form, I believe those are peccaries.
    • ThylacineAlive
      Someone called them tapirs. Any news on the Amur Leopard?

~Thylo:cool:
    • mstickmanp
      From the photo they indeed look like peccaries.
    • Chlidonias
      those are definitely peccaries
    • BeardsleyZooFan
      mstickmanp and Chlidonias- Thank you for confirming my thoughts on that those were peccaries.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Connecticut's Beardsley Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    29 Aug 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    592.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.3
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-ZS5
    Date / Time:
    2012:07:18 13:46:38
    Exposure Time:
    10/5000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 250
    Focal Length:
    4.1 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).