Join our zoo community
SeanKinger6

Clouded Leopard (M)

Clouded Leopard (M)
SeanKinger6, 27 Sep 2014
    • cypher
      I the exhibit fully open, or is it just the one panel that's been removed still.

Great shot by the way.
    • SeanKinger6
      Thank you, no its still just the one panel down. I was talking to one of the zoo regulars i see often and he said that they will be taking down one panel a week.
    • vogelcommando
      This is surtainly a great shot, wel done DeanKinger6 !
    • SeanKinger6
      Thank you very much volgelcommando
    • cypher
      Removing one panel a week. Talk about a soft opening.
    • adams7
      As far as I know, these two leopards have never been on display before (off-display at Nashville Zoo and the male before that at the National Zoo), so a soft opening is probably what's best for them, especially with groups of students visiting during the week and crowds on weekends if the weather is nice.. The pair is also still being introduced to one another. No reason to add additional stress by removing all the paneling at once.
    • cypher
      Yeah, Keeper told me these Clouded Leopards weren't on exhibit in their respective home. So them being on exhibit here, is new to them. Removing one panel a week sound like a good plan in getting them used to seeing people on a daily basis.
    • TZFan
      I believe both Nashville and the National zoos keep all or most of their breeding pairs in their breeding facility. The most of the cubs stay off display too at both zoos despite all cubs being hand reared. So its highly unlikely they would have been on display at Nashville where Pavarti was born and amingma was transferred there shortly after his birth to begin his pair bonding with his future mate.

I wonder how the zoo will handle cubs in the future. Will they be almost immediately pulled for hand rearing like most other zoos? Or will they leave them to be mother reared? I would guess both owning zoos will get a say since most cubs will belong to both of them.
    • SeanKinger6
      Hopefully they stay with their mother if they can, but in a case like Humphrey, i would think you would have to take them away from the other.

Also when i took this picture both leopards weren't on exhibit together, the female was in the back (left side).
    • Megakillerwhale
      Great picture, cant wait to go to the zoo :) and see them
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Toronto Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    SeanKinger6
    Date:
    27 Sep 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    351.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1067px
    Aperture:
    f/5.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS REBEL T3
    Date / Time:
    2014:09:26 15:07:27
    Exposure Time:
    1/125 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 3200
    Focal Length:
    131 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).